I Am Really Confused.... About Caanoo.. To Buy It Or Not

Which is the best

• Total voters

pineapplespoon said:
The games I want to play are like simple to Pac Man to Metal Slug. I know I can use the NeoGeo emulator but as for example, Can the Xperia Run better than Caanoo?
Caanoo plays these arcade games pretty well. Even though Xperia Play is faster, I can't say they run better. The main disadvantage of XP is the size, at least IMO. It's too small for long comfortable playing sessions.

Last edited by a moderator:
pineapplespoon said:
foleyjo said:
Don't bother. Go for the JXD S601.
It's got better support and it's cheaper
I am not going to buy any electronics from Chinese Company. Also, if I am willing to buy one, Why would i not just buy ynilips instead?

In a few years when China takes over the world you won't have a choice so you might as well start buying the electronics now :lol:

When I was looking around I found JXD to be cheaper than Yinlips with not too much difference in what they offered gamewise.
JXD s601 is perfect for the games that you say you want to play

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't want to play any other mid 90's games than the NeoGeo ones, the Caanoo is still a good choice(though you'll need a little knowledge to get them running). If you also like to play the arcade versions of Mortal Kombat, NBA Jam T.E.,etc.. you will be disappointed. Older games like the fabulous Galaga is no problem at all, if you get used to the controls.

Caanoo has a 3.5" LCD with 320 × 240 pixels. Xperia Play has a 10,2 cm (4") LCD with 854 x 480 pixels. That sounds like an advantage for the Sony, but the Caanoo's screen format is 4:3, which is common on most retro games. One more issue to think about: Galaga is a vertical shmup and I can hardly believe the Xperia is nice to play with a rotated screen.

Back