I Am Going To Kill My Pc!!!

NoidZ

Mind the world, need for panic
Website
Visit site
I was busy with my homework, when suddenly my PC shutted down and I LOST ALL MY WORK!!! It says it was a critical system error and it mentioned two files in the C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp directory. The files where a XML and a DMP file.

What to do and how to solve this? I'm gonna kill my pc if it happens again!

Thanks!

it's called saving ;)

I was typing an 8 page term paper, 2.5 pages in, I never saved and got the blue screen of death. Yes, I cried, there's no shame in admitting that- especially since I had no draft ;)

NoidZ posted on Sep 21 2006 at 06:47 PM said:
I was busy with my homework, when suddenly my PC shutted down and I LOST ALL MY WORK!!! It says it was a critical system error and it mentioned two files in the C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp directory. The files where a XML and a DMP file.

Thanks!
save on hardrive and memory stick

Last edited by a moderator:
NoidZ posted on Sep 21 2006 at 06:47 PM said:

Thanks!
I feel so very sorry for you. This has happened to me before, and I ended up having a new motherboard since it got so bad. It happens every now and then to me now, but seems to go away when I delete some trash off of my harddrive.

Sysdata.xml and something else right? If so, you're in for hell. Try deleting some crap.
What are your specs?

When the blue screens show up, the only reliable fix is a complete Windows re-install.

- Alex

Alex. posted on Sep 21 2006 at 09:31 PM said:
When the blue screens show up, the only reliable fix is a complete Windows re-install.

- Alex

Sadly even this does not stop it :(

I just developed a twitch reflex to hit Ctrl-S every minute or pretty much after every major paragraph or sentence, major change in my code .. so forth. I never have to worry about saving for that reason.

Ninja Edit: ........ and like ... half of my paper was gone. It was a really good paper.

I do that too. I've even found myself accidentally pressing Ctrl-S whilst posting here, which attempts to save the page :p

- Alex
Don't be daft now, the Blue Screen Of Death just (BSOD) means it crashed. If you actually noted down the message code at the top of the screen you can find out why Windows crashed so violently, and you can take the appropriate action. Crashing obviously can be caused by badly written drivers, badly written programs and also failing hardware.

If it crashes again, please note down the crash error code and let me know what it is. I might be able to diagnose the problem :).

Please note the BSOD used to be very common on NT and W2K systems, but is quite rare with XP. SO don't go putting your worry hats on!

WarmFluffyUK posted on Sep 23 2006 at 11:49 AM said:

- Alex
Don't be daft now, the Blue Screen Of Death just (BSOD) means it crashed. If you actually noted down the message code at the top of the screen you can find out why Windows crashed so violently, and you can take the appropriate action. Crashing obviously can be caused by badly written drivers, badly written programs and also failing hardware.

If it crashes again, please note down the crash error code and let me know what it is. I might be able to diagnose the problem :).

Please note the BSOD used to be very common on NT and W2K systems, but is quite rare with XP. SO don't go putting your worry hats on!
I am positive, with what he said, that one of the files is sysdata.xml

WarmFluffyUK posted on Sep 23 2006 at 12:49 PM said:

- Alex

umm couldnt it be the general design of let us say WINDOWS that is att flaw

"Crashing obviously can be caused by badly written drivers, badly written programs and also failing hardware."

evol posted on Sep 23 2006 at 12:41 PM said:
You're not a linux fanboy are you per chance?

have you tried loading Word program up again?? Ususally Microsoft Word etc auto saves into a temp directory incase your computer crashes etc. re open the program it it usually gives a list of the stuff in a bar that you were last working on before it crashed.... Thats if you can get your computer back on...

WarmFluffyUK posted on Sep 23 2006 at 02:48 PM said:
evol posted on Sep 23 2006 at 12:41 PM said:
You're not a linux fanboy are you per chance?

linux fanboy humpfh...... you belittle me

i am a fullfledged ZEALOT i tell ya

Back