I Am A Little Nervous...

rpgchocobo

Chocobo Tamer
Website
Visit site
Well, this is the first time I am flashing my firmware. I am using Aquafish's latest firmware. I read the read me, put the bconf.fxe and conf.zpr in the root directory. I renamed one of my firmwares to fw.bin. I put fw.fxe in the root directory along with all the other files for flashing firmware. But, as I was reading the readme, it says to launch bconf.fxe. How do I do that if it is in the root directory? or, do I put the fw.fxe in GPMM and lauch it and it will flash? And, how long does it take to flash? I am using batteries from yesterday that had 30minutes usage on it.

Thanks for any help.

rpgchocobo posted on Aug 31 2004 at 06:26 PM said:
Well, this is the first time I am flashing my firmware. I am using Aquafish's latest firmware. I read the read me, put the bconf.fxe and conf.zpr in the root directory. I renamed one of my firmwares to fw.bin. I put fw.fxe in the root directory along with all the other files for flashing firmware. But, as I was reading the readme, it says to launch bconf.fxe. How do I do that if it is in the root directory? or, do I put the fw.fxe in GPMM and lauch it and it will flash? And, how long does it take to flash? I am using batteries from yesterday that had 30minutes usage on it.

Thanks for any help.

you ONLY need fw.fxe and fw.bin to flash. disregard all the other files until afterwards. and put in fresh batteries. also fw.bin has to be in root and im guessing fw.fxe should be in gpmm since its an fxe

Last edited by a moderator:
the only time i heard someone screwed their flashing was because their batteries werent full

Lethe posted on Aug 31 2004 at 06:33 PM said:
the only time i heard someone screwed their flashing was because their batteries werent full

a couple people also turned off their gp32 during flashing which you SHOULDNT DO. also definately put in fresh batteries or you will regret it

Would if be wise to use an AC adaptor while flashing new firmware? I figure that way you know you have enough juice, but maybe I'm wrong.

-Tim

pmpddytim posted on Aug 31 2004 at 08:26 PM said:
Would if be wise to use an AC adaptor while flashing new firmware? I figure that way you know you have enough juice, but maybe I'm wrong.

-Tim
It's what I always do. I'd say either use an ac adaptor, reliable tested freshly charged rechargeables or brand new good quality batteries (like duracells).

I too was very nervous about this but finally flashed to Aquafish's Multifirmware at the weekend and it worked a treat, very quick and very simple, now I have all the startup options I need, I should have been brave and done it earlier!

®

Yea, same ting by me! first time i flashed Gp i was very nervous, but ia m always using AC Adaptor.
Noe i am using the latest official Eu FW.

what folder is the root directory
does that mean that you don't put fw.bin in none of the gpmm, gpgame, ext.
and you put fw.fxe in gpmm
i'm freaking out
i'm about to flash with slubman

what folder is the root directory
does that mean that you don't put fw.bin in none of the gpmm, gpgame, ext.
and you put fw.fxe in gpmm
i'm freaking out
i'm about to flash with slubman

Exactly :)
fw.bin >> gp:\
fw.fxe >> gp:\gpmm\fw.fxe

Don't forget to delete them after the flash - a friend might just start it again and turn the GP off during flashing.

Last edited:
pmpddytim posted on Aug 31 2004 at 08:26 PM said:

-Tim

Unless your power goes out or fluctuates, then you are screwed.

Back