Hu6280 Now Has Cdrom Support!

I hate to say this, but the donations should really come BEFORE everything is fixed (not pointing at you DaveC, I know you already donated...but for others). A donation is not that you are purchasing something, and will only give money when it is completely right with you. The donation is supposed to be meant to support the work that continues :)

I donated (not too much unfortunately) a few versions ago. I plan to donate more shortly because I admire Vobbo's efforts. So donate now folks!

This is my feeling in general about donating and only partly applies here but is general for me. Rant to follow:

Well my philosophy is to donate for things that are to the point where I use them. I have been around these scenes long enough to see many emus get abandoned high and dry half way through development. Should I donate for a half complete emu that is lacking the features that I need to have it useable to me? Maybe but I usually don't. I usually do it when it is "good enough" and to the point that if another update never happened I would be happy with it. Hu6280 is close but not to that point to me mainly because of the audio. I still donated because the way that the emu was progressing was impressive and Vobbo seemed to need some cash for his efforts. I plan to donate again when it is not perfect but "good enough" to the point where I use it.

That is just me, maybe it is selfish, maybe and hopefully it will encourage improvement. A donation is just that a voluntary contribution. We all have our motivations for doing it and I don't think there is one "right way"

That said please DO donate to Vobbo and anyone else that you appreciate their work. I hear alot of excuses here alot. "I am going on holiday and can't afford it" , "My cat needs a wiskerectomy and I can't afford it until after the operation", "I have to buy my girlfriend/wife a b-day present etc." I can't imagine that these guys are really down to their last $10.00. It would be better for everyone to donate a small amount rather than nothing. Alot of small donations add up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well put! Even a small donation can be a big thing. Because at least it SHOWS that you are appreciative.

Back