Hu-Go!

cosam

Website
www.cosam.org
To tide us over until Exophase pulls his finger out ;-) here's a quick, unoptimised build of Hu-Go!, the PC Engine/TurboGrafx emulator.

http://www.cosam.org/computers/pandora/hugo-2.12.pnd

GUI may require some window dragging and the sound is rather crackly. You'll probably want to run it at about 600 MHz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh nice, thanks! I was going to build Hugo tonight :) again stick it up on dl.openhandhelds until at least craigs gets AppStore upload going. I really love centralized downloads for these guys - though admittedly the pandora sections are all me, you, pickle and cpasjuste right now :p I just don't want to lose track of all these indie posts :)

jeff

All games running great at good old 850Mhz, just keep the sound turned down!

Jackie Chan FTW!

90x9bo.jpg

skeezix said:
Heh nice, thanks! I was going to build Hugo tonight :) again stick it up on dl.openhandhelds until at least craigs gets AppStore upload going. I really love centralized downloads for these guys - though admittedly the pandora sections are all me, you, pickle and cpasjuste right now :p I just don't want to lose track of all these indie posts :)
Yeah, keep forgetting that one - it's on there now and I'll get the rest uploaded eventually.

x68000 said:
All games running great at good old 850Mhz, just keep the sound turned down!
It seems OK even at 500, but it eats up all the CPU time. 600 gives things a bit more room.

Not sure what's up with the sound. I've played with the settings (reduced frequency, increased buffer size) but it doesn't seem to make any difference. If anyone feels like taking a look (Jeff, you have time over now, right? ;-) I'll post a bit about how I compiled it. It's mostly just ./configure and make but there was a bit of manual stuff required to get it to link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stevem - you're on fire - any chance you've got free time enough to port freeciv? Im totally tied up arm deep in some things but would love to see that :)

(and a good gnomehack (nethack) port, but it's a bit of pita as he nethack makefile is absolutely terrible :)

jeff

I was playing around with the F keys and one of them (may have been f9 or f10) reduced Hu-Go down to postage stamp proportions leaving it running on the desktop. The sound improved quite dramatically (still scratchy, but much better!)

AWSOME! thanks SteveM this is one of the emulators I am looking forward too. Now I just need my Pandora......

Back