Hp Touchpad

just some random info, theres plenty of devs running around the irc channels of touchpad over at freenode like #cyanogenmod-touchpad and #WebOS

Consumers of the Hp Touchpad are more familiar with purchasing a completed software similar to the Apple's i-products not paying upfront to get the software they want

Consumers maybe - but the users of Pre-Central are quite used to it. Take Pre-Ware and Internalz as an example; many users have contributed money and hardware to them (other devs have also been given hardware paid for by Pre-Central users). Regular Pre-Central forumites are used to requests for software and understand that a lot of the homebrew stuff, patches etc are made for free by real users of the software. They accept that these may be buggy/beta/not upto the same quality as commercial stuff. Paying up-front (bounties) or paid for requests are more common over there than they are here.

Damn, can't believe I missed this; even the slightly higher eBay prices are pretty good! Too bad I've got no spare cash at the moment, I've been looking for a cheap tablet for a while now.

Back