How To Make Gmenu2x Default To A List

thelamer

ARRR I'm A Pirate
Website
www.skankpost.com
I was wondering if when Gmenu2x started up it was possible to have it display a list by default.

You know to make a selector for an emulator. Not really sure what to edit for that.

And I have been playing with gmenu and know how to make lists from all the zips in a directory. But how can I custom name and select which files in a list. Seeing as I don't want to display all the files in the list.

Just the structure for that would be great.

Thanks.

OK,

I know how to make directory lists with images.

What I am wondering is if you can use Gmenu2x as a menu frontend for an emulator.

So it would launch and the default screen would be the list screen and not the standard menu.

Secondly I would like to know if I can customize what is contained in the lists by manually creating each list entry instead of gmenu listing an entire directory.

I know how to make custom icon entries but not custom lists.

Hope this helps .

erm To cutomise the list names you use an alias file - guidelines will be on the GMenu2X site.
You would also have to add filters to the link file ".zip,.smc" etc...

As for launching straight into selector view, I don't think that is possible, but the man that will definately know is Ryo. :)

Yeah but by using the list feature you display every file in the directory. Even with alias list a lot of clones for mame and cps2 are useless to show becasue you can't launch them.

I wish Ryo would release a custom build of gmenu2x for this so we could stop using crappy selector programs and actually have screen previews for all our emus.

Back