Gmenu2x

b._.o._.b

Hi all,

I love gmenu2x and like to make full use of it. I've managed to get mame working, and by working I mean it is possible to select the individual games from gmenu2x with screenshots.
To get it to work it's needed to add parameters [selFile] in "edit link" and to avoid doubles (because I store screenshots in the same directory as the roms) selector filter png.

You see, I do understand how it works :)
But it's the only program I can get it to work with. I know DrMD isn't command line startable, but how about:

- gngeo2x
- gp2xhandy
- gpfce
- gnuboy2x
- hu6280

Are they not compatible or do I have to add some parameters?

Also interested in (haven't tried them yet with gmenu2x):

- OutcaST
- Picodrive
- Odyssey 2

Would be great if I can get these all working with gmenu2x!

B)-->
b._.o._.b said:
Hi all,

I love gmenu2x and like to make full use of it. I've managed to get mame working, and by working I mean it is possible to select the individual games from gmenu2x with screenshots.
To get it to work it's needed to add parameters [selFile] in "edit link" and to avoid doubles (because I store screenshots in the same directory as the roms) selector filter png.

You see, I do understand how it works :)
But it's the only program I can get it to work with. I know DrMD isn't command line startable, but how about:

- gngeo2x
- gp2xhandy
- gpfce
- gnuboy2x
- hu6280

Are they not compatible or do I have to add some parameters?

Also interested in (haven't tried them yet with gmenu2x):

- OutcaST
- Picodrive
- Odyssey 2

Would be great if I can get these all working with gmenu2x!

For Odyssey 2 you can use these settings (assuming the .gpe is in a directory called o2em located on the root of you SD card)

title=o2em
description=Videopac Emulator
icon=/mnt/sd/o2em/o2em_gp2x.png
exec=/mnt/sd/o2em/o2em_gp2x.gpe
params=[selFile][selExt]
clock=133
selectordir=/mnt/sd/o2em/roms/
wrapper=true

if you want to use the videopac+ bios (assuming you have it in the bios directory) then change params to:

params=[selFile][selExt] -g7400

You could probably lower the clock as well, I'll do some tests to find out how low it can go.

You might be interested to know that I will be releasing an updated version hopefully this week with built in ROM selector and a few other enhancements, including volume control (at my girlfriends request, she couldn't stand listening to it lol) and being able to switch which joystick the GP2x emulates.

I'll let you know when I upload it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried Picodrive as well with gmenu2x and it works without adding parameters.
Add link => find the gpe file and after that Edit PicoDrive and set the wrapper ON.

Still interested to get the other programs working in gmenu2x:

- gngeo2x
- gp2xhandy
- gpfce
- gnuboy2x
- hu6280
- outcast

I also tried squidgesnes (latest version: 0.391), with parameters nrtm load=[selFullPath] (and wrapper on)
but every time I end up in the squidgesnes menu.

You might be interested to know that I will be releasing an updated version hopefully this week with built in ROM selector and a few other enhancements, including volume control (at my girlfriends request, she couldn't stand listening to it lol) and being able to switch which joystick the GP2x emulates.

I'll let you know when I upload it.

Thanks for your gmenu2x info, already tried it and it works without problem. Good to see you still working on the emulator and give my compliments to your girlfriend. Nice request :)

SSNES comandline is broken atm.
gpfce ... just look at the selector files that are included with it. It can easily be adapted from there.
But if you are still stuck I can post the settings from my 2X...

SSNES comandline is broken atm.
gpfce ... just look at the selector files that are included with it. It can easily be adapted from there.
But if you are still stuck I can post the settings from my 2X...

Well I've checked one selector conf. file
I guess you need this line:

#List of full paths of command line options
cmdLine=./gpfce -swapbuttons

I've tried some (probably stupid) combinations like ./gpfce [selFullPath] etc. but they all failed
So I would appreciate some help :)

OK :)
Set this up using Gmenu2X menu
Code:
Parameters:  -swapbuttons[selFullPath]
Selector Directory:  /mnt/sd/roms/nes/
Selector Filter:		.nes,.zip,.fds
Wrapper:			   On

You need to point to the actual binary for the emulator and NOT the selector launch script :)

You need to point to the actual binary for the emulator and NOT the selector launch script :)

Of course! That was my main problem. I don't need the swapbutton and the default parameter is [selFullPath] so it isn't even necessary to enter the parameter.

Great, thanks. Could be I made this mistake in some other emulators as well.

Too bad that after playing a game you're not being redirected to gmenu2x, but to the gui of gpfce.
But that's a minor complaint.

It returns to GMenu2X for me...

Strange.. well I will have a look at it later, it doesn't bother me too much.

GnGeo2x is working also in Gmenu2X (after selecting the binary instead of the gpe file)!

Update:

- gngeo2x: works
- gpfce: works
- mame: works
- Picodrive: works
- Odyssey 2: works

- squidgesnes: doesn't work commandline functionality broken in 0.39 version
- DrMD: doesn't work with Gmenu2X

Still unknown:

- gnuboy2x
- hu6280
- OutcaST