How To Buy A Gp2x Without Creditcard?

Racemaniac

Scorched GP programmer
Website
Visit site
i haven't got a credit card (and my parents don't really thrust buying things over internet....), so i can't buy it off any website i so far know... nor can i create a paypal account.....
is there any way to buy a gp2x?

Alpha2 posted on Oct 17 2005 at 10:55 PM said:
beg them to buy it for you.

There dosent seem to be a way unless you can find an eBay store that will take money orders.
i'm wondering, how hard can it be for someone in the european union to offer such a service... you can transfer money from and to any account in the european union with no extra charge... just one person would have to offer the service....

i was lucky to get the gp32 through a site where people buy a lot of a certain item together, and they where doing it with gp32's ^^ (i've tried to get them to do it with gp2x's, but for some reason no response at all....)
well, we'll see: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...at least gp2x.de takes cheque/money orders I think?

Edit: I just checked and yes they do. They've also increased the price from €165 to €185? :unsure:

Eolair posted on Oct 17 2005 at 11:06 PM said:
Hmm...at least gp2x.de takes cheque/money orders I think?

Edit: I just checked and yes they do. They've also increased the price from €165 to €185? :unsure:
nor do they appear to offer any extra's (tv out cable, protective case,...)
well, it's a start....

I think that the preorder-price ended.

You'll be able to buy extras, like the tv-out-cable and carrying cases, at gp2x.de soon. (before the shipping will start, everyone who preordered will get a mail)

E-mail David from GP32z.com. He'll take money orders, and the pre-orders (for now, anyways) have the same shipping charges for world wide as they do in the US. That'd be $205 (US) altogether, I beleive (I'm too lazy to go to xe.com and convert it for u). He also has the TV-out cable up for pre-order.

jmetal88 posted on Oct 17 2005 at 11:42 PM said:
E-mail David from GP32z.com. He'll take money orders, and the pre-orders (for now, anyways) have the same shipping charges for world wide as they do in the US. That'd be $205 (US) altogether, I beleive (I'm too lazy to go to xe.com and convert it for u). He also has the TV-out cable up for pre-order.
i did mail him but never got a reply :s

jmetal88 posted on Oct 18 2005 at 12:42 AM said:
E-mail David from GP32z.com.  He'll take money orders, and the pre-orders (for now, anyways) have the same shipping charges for world wide as they do in the US.  That'd be $205 (US) altogether, I beleive (I'm too lazy to go to xe.com and convert it for u).  He also has the TV-out cable up for pre-order.

If he's european he'll end up having to pay customs and VAT charges though.

Racemaniac posted on Oct 17 2005 at 10:50 PM said:
jmetal88 posted on Oct 17 2005 at 11:42 PM said:
i did mail him but never got a reply :s

Can you send another email

GP32Z is the North American seller in the US, so no VAT for that... They do have to pay shipping and any applicable taxes/customs when it gets over here though.

To get a money order in North America, go to any major bank, and tell them you want a money order (if in Canada, tell them it's in US Dollars) for the exact amount including any taxes, charges and shipping. The bank will often charge a couple bux for the service, and they'll fill it all out for you most of the time.

If they don't, they'll at least print out the amount so it's official. But you might have to fill in the name of the person or company to make the money order out to. Write the account # or what the money order is for in the right place. (I wrote GP2X preorder there) and when everything's filled out, get an envelope, with sufficient postage, and mail it to the address of the company/person that they tell you.

I do this kind of thing all the time.

If bank payment or direct desposit is an option for you, try Lik-Sang.com. After you placed your pre-order, you'll get an auto email that lists all available payment options including stuff I've never heard of before.

Winterkid posted on Oct 18 2005 at 01:27 AM said:
GP32Z is the North American seller in the US, so no VAT for that... They do have to pay shipping and any applicable taxes/customs when it gets over here though.

Heh...What do you think I meant? US VAT? I meant the VAT in whatever european country he imports it to ofc :)

Anyway, I still think he would be better off buying it from a shop in Europe. GBAX.com seem to accept postal orders as well. No accessories there either though...will hopefully be available later

donjj posted on Oct 18 2005 at 02:15 AM said:
If bank payment or direct desposit is an option for you, try Lik-Sang.com. After you placed your pre-order, you'll get an auto email that lists all available payment options including stuff I've never heard of before.

This is correct. I bought my GP32 from them, used an IBAN (international bank account number) to pay for it, to their European branch. I'm certain I could have paid directly, also.

German Paypal accounts can be registered without a credit card... I wonder why it's not possible in other countries? If you are in the EU you could maybe register a German account and fill it with EU bank transfers... That is, if you speak German... :D

Guten tag! Bitte, kann ich mit Paypal einen GP2X kaufen? Ja, ein GP2X! Was!? Haben Sie keinen GP2X?? Verdammt!

I wish I spoke German better <_<

German Paypal accounts can be registered without a credit card... I wonder why it's not possible in other countries?

That's just because most germans don't use credit cards. ^^

How about debit card? I have a Visa Electron. Had no idea I could use it with PayPal... And even few Visa-based purchased, like from Amazon and play.com, though, they may very well support Electron as it is.

Back