How To Build A Pandora

EvilDragon said:
3dsmax v9 with Mental Ray as a renderer.
Sorry, I can't give you the object file yet, as we don't want to risk that a cheap chinese company uses the data and creates a cheap clone of that device before it has even been released...
and clone they will... :D

i think my favorite is when they clone say, 3-5 different items, and then package them together in a massive clone bundle. then a chinese ebayer bundles that with a few other cloned items and sells it for $0.01 with $199 shipping. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering where's the USB port, in the sides, front or back?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I can't make a topic search for usb since it doesn't take 3 letter search, and message search for USB gives way too many results.

Chip said:
oblivioner said:
I was wondering where's the USB port, in the sides, front or back?
Both USB ports are on the back.

Great, it would be very annoying either in front or at the sides if you have to hold the machine. Thanks a lot for answering :)

oblivioner said:
Great, it would be very annoying either in front or at the sides if you have to hold the machine. Thanks a lot for answering :)

Some of the earliest renders had the mini USB port in the front and the SD slots on the back. It was agreed by pretty much everybody that this wasn't a good arrangement, so it was changed :)

CandidStan said:
CronoTrig said:
Shouldn't ABXY be labelled differently? Like so:
CODE

X
Y A
B

Hmmm, me thinks your really CronoTriggerFan. However if your not then this has already been discussed to death, and was put to death when that little topic at the top named "WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING HARDWARE SUGGESTIONS" was posted.

:lol:

I also can't believe that they have decided to use the ambiguous GP2X-style layout for ABXY. I followed that discussion for a time (not until the end, I presume), and I thought they would have chosen a more logical layout.

As happened with GP2X, some developers will use the "A" button as primary fire/button just because it's the "A" button, despite it's located at a non-intuitive position to be cosideered as primary. Other developers will choose the "B" button because it's located at the most logical position, but as it's labeled "B", it's not so nice as "A".... and so on. I believed this lesson was already learned. How sad.

Back