• 31-40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 41-60

• >60

• Total voters

'Tag5' said:
Would be good to see the age ranges of all GP32/GP2X users within this forum.
I think that would up the age significantly. The Pandora has attracted a lot of young people, which is fine. But I think with the gp32 and gp2x, they attracted an older gamer who wanted to play the games they used to play on a platform other than the original or a computer and both systems were/are great for that. The Pandora is much more modern thinking and has attracted gadget people who are usually younger and 3d gamers which are usually younger. If you were playing the c64 games as a teen like I was, you would likely be in your mid to late 30's by now (I'm 39 born 69). If you grew up playing 3d games, your birthdates start around 1980 and move into the younger crowd. If you are looking just to play the old 3d games and new 3d games and not interested in the older 2d stuff, I would say you are 16-25 or so.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if I should be pleased that I'm in the most populous group :D or depressed by the fact that only 2 more age groups to experience... :(

A poll, on what was the first home game system you had (non-arcade) might be interesting... For me a taiwanese rip off of pong (soccer, hockey etc all pong like and not quite as good as friends Atari 2600 and then the mighty ZX81. Happy days...

'andyB911' said:
A poll, on what was the first home game system you had (non-arcade) might be interesting... For me a taiwanese rip off of pong (soccer, hockey etc all pong like and not quite as good as friends Atari 2600 and then the mighty ZX81. Happy days...
Bally Starcade. The controller rocked. It was a pistol grip with trigger, a joystick on the top, that also functioned as a knob.

18 now. My first (own) computer was a Pentium 233 MMX bough 1998. I still have the motherboard (works but atm only mb, ram, cpu). ...

Back