How Many People Still Prefer The Gp32 To Gp2x

Which console is your favourite/which console do you still prefer?

• GP32

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GP2X

• GP32 BUT WANT A GP2X

• GP2X BUT WANT A GP32

• DON'T LIKE NEITHER

• Total voters

Reesy posted on Feb 27 2006 at 09:06 PM said:
Well I just dusted off my GP32 and fired her up...I'm in love again.  Time to update a few of my GP32 emulators I think, lets see if I can squeeze a few more fps out of DrMD.  GP32 forever!
Oh yes!!!! A true guru has spoken. Is this the start of a trend as the masters tire of their new mistresses and return to their first true love ? Let's hope so.

edit:spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
Until "Ark Noid" gets ported over to GP2x (Yes, i know there are actual arkanoid games, i just really love this one) i still play my gp32 blu+ sometimes

Hanz™ posted on Feb 22 2006 at 08:18 AM said:
Alpha2 posted on Feb 22 2006 at 08:11 AM said:
Too be honest, the only thing to wait for is the GP2X devs to release a better firmware imo.

You mean wait for them to develope a firmware not reliant on Linux, which I feel it doing more harm to their reputation than good. there dosent even seem to be many devs making things natively in linux for the 2X, everything is SDL and Arm ASM. Yeah it'd take longer but just build the FW from scratch and MAKE the hardware do what is desired of it. They could hit the hardware directly, there'd be no more arguments over the GPL and peace would reign across the land.

...atleast untill people realize the stick's deadzone hasnt changed. <_<

I have the GP32 and am loving every minute of Genesis, PCengine, Homebrew, Mame, SMS, NES, & SNES. I voted GP32 and wanting a GP2X. I have a NLU. I have been thinking of looking for a BLU to buy. I do want a GP2X but there seems to be too many issues with the unit. I would like to see a lot of those issues die down a bit before I take the plunge. Maybe if things cool off and begin to level off toward the end of the year and maybe the filmware becomes a non issue. I really want a unit like my GP32. I bought it and loaded it up and it works. :)

I don't have a gp32 so can't vote! i can understand people that have a gp32 don't need to buy a gp2x because its better but its not like twice as good! Like i wont buy the xpg or mini because it won't be that much better then the gp2x! But the big issue for me is space; 128mb for gp32, 4gb for gp2x. For me the choice was clear! I love my gp2x, even with my 4gb sd card i'm always making space for new things! The stick's deadzone isn't a so big deal, i play SNKChaos on the neogeo emu with fixed gfx and i'm a shoryuken machine! Its even faster to pull off with my mk1, now i do DownForward,Down,DownForward+punch and it done! SSSSSSSSHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKEEEEEEEENNNNNNN!

btw:Is it illegal to post fixed gfx dumbs for the gngeo2x!

I recently bought a gp32_console and love it. :D I'll eventually buy a GP2X too but for now the GP32 is just great.

The PC-Engine emu is still better on the GP32. The sound is stereo and pretty accurate, much more so than any of the current GP2X ones.

darkman posted on Mar 9 2006 at 07:24 PM said:
I have the GP32 and am loving every minute of Genesis, PCengine, Homebrew, Mame, SMS, NES, & SNES. I voted GP32 and wanting a GP2X. I have a NLU. I have been thinking of looking for a BLU to buy. I do want a GP2X but there seems to be too many issues with the unit. I would like to see a lot of those issues die down a bit before I take the plunge. Maybe if things cool off and begin to level off toward the end of the year and maybe the filmware becomes a non issue. I really want a unit like my GP32. I bought it and loaded it up and it works. :)
I thought there were lots of issues with the unit and was going to wait until after they were ironed out, but found I needed one due to the fact I am now coding for it. I am glad I did buy one as I found there's weren't many issues at all, one or two little things that did not detract from how good the unit is.

I would get one if I was you, you will not be disappointed.

I own a GP32 but I am not very fonded about it, since it crashed all the time at it's bricked due to a bad firmware. I would call the GP2x one of the best portables of all time if that damn battery-life was a little-bit longer than 1,5 hours :angry: .

GP32 all the way. The 2X is marred by that travesty that they call the joystick (the irony).

nem posted on Oct 26 2006 at 04:17 PM said:
GP32 all the way. The 2X is marred by that travesty that they call the joystick (the irony).
May I ask, do you own a GP2X?

hhhhhmmmmmm........ looks like I was the first post on this page and that was back in March. A lot has happened since then. I ended up getting a GP2X the first of July and it has been great. I have hardly picked up my GP32 since then. It turned out better than what I thought. To me, there are no issues with the GP2X. I feel that the unit is the best homebrew and emu system there is and I rate it right above my GP32. :)

WarmFluffyUK posted on Oct 26 2006 at 10:31 PM said:
Sure do. Bought one when it came out.

It's toss. I can't believe people enjoy using that joystick :blink: The MK2 might be a lot better, I don't know.

nem posted on Oct 27 2006 at 05:21 AM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Oct 26 2006 at 10:31 PM said:
Sure do. Bought one when it came out.

It's toss. I can't believe people enjoy using that joystick :blink: The MK2 might be a lot better, I don't know.

Mine is a MK2 and I find no problem. :D

we have had one of the people in the poll come forward who dont like neither gp32 or gp2x....so, who is the other one?? <_< ;)

Back