Poll: Using Gp32 Or Gp2x More, Right Now?

Assuming you have one or both machines.. which are you using?

• Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GP32 - don't have a 2x

• GP2x - don't have a GP32

• Both more or less equally

• Have both, prefer GP32 (controls, more apps, whatever)

• Have both, prefer GP2x (for whatever reason)

• Total voters

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Not what you used loast year, or expect to use in a few months.. what are you using right now? The posting goal is to see how many people are still using a gp32, versus how many have moved to the gp2x.

ie: Has the site gone mostly to gp2x folks (from the post count you would assume), or is that just new posts?

jeff

I`m playing around with my gp32 more atm but I had to choose neither, cause when my bricked gp2x is reflashed, I`m using that more again :D

I have barely touched my gp32 since my gp2x arrived. I love all of the new stuff on the gp2x and only use my gp32 for a couple homebrew games and occassionaly some emulation. I use my gp2x every day and love all of the new stuff coming out.

Wow, so of the first 38 pollers, its much more 2x'ian. (ie: 13 to 8 have a gp32 and not 2x, but 14 people with both only use the 2x.)

We need more responses though :)

jeff

To add in a little more drama to this I'd have to admit that I use my GP2X, GP32 and Zodiac 2 quite frequently actually, it really depends on what I feel like using, what I want to play and what has charged batteries and how long I want the batteries to last...

(I bought more rechargeable AA's so I could have batteries for both of the GP32's for multiplayer and such and still have batteries for the GP2X :D)

Not what you used loast year, or expect to use in a few months.. what are you using right now? The posting goal is to see how many people are still using a gp32, versus how many have moved to the gp2x.

ie: Has the site gone mostly to gp2x folks (from the post count you would assume), or is that just new posts?

jeff

I use my gp32 more on the go. My gp32 has way better battery life, so with drmd and nightshifts (I am a MD/psychiatrist in training and sometimes work 24hr shifts) I prefer the long battery life! Besides the stick of the gp32 is better, although with my retrocon mod the gp2x's stick has become a little better. When I am at home I use the gp2x more, recharger with freshly recharged 2800mAh batteries is always closeby then! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Havent touched my FLU since the GP2x arrived, all the stuff i use has been ported now, anyone want to buy a flu :)

jeff

I use my gp32 more on the go. My gp32 has way better battery life, so with drmd and nightshifts (I am a MD/psychiatrist in training and sometimes work 24hr shifts) I prefer the long battery life! Besides the stick of the gp32 is better, although with my retrocon mod the gp2x's stick has become a little better. When I am at home I use the gp2x more, recharger with freshly recharged 2800mAh batteries is always closeby then! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using the GP2X mostly b/c it's new and the screen looks much better than my FLU. I gave the FLU to the wife, but I still use it if I want to play NES games or a couple homebrew titles. Mostly been using the GP2X to try out all the goodies that keeping coming out like clockwork :D

Once there is better NES and at least equal SNES emulation, my FLU will be obsolete. Damn that FLU screen looks like shit now!

Cheers!

Dont have a GP2X.
Cant see why i should buy a GP2X. cause GP32 has all the emulators I normally play, like nes, C64, Genesis and atari st (i could use a atari STE emu that could be great :) )emulator. thats about it.
The only reason why I should buy a GP2X is if I want to play Transport tycoon (I love that game), or if someone gonna make a Amiga, SNES (at full speed) or some commercial 3D games with a great gameplay.
So mabyee i gonna wait a year from now before i gonna buy one, (actual right now im looking at a nintendo DS :) , mabyee i should buy one of these with mario kart)
one thing is for sure i will buy a GP2X some day.

I guess the reason why I don't own a GP2X is because my GP32 is a new aquisition, and I couldn't be happier with it. There's still so much for that platform, including me deving on it someday :) I'll probably get a GP2X around the next holiday season though.

Never had a GP32 (because I didn't even know it existed until Dec. 2005 when I got my GP2X). Had I have known I would have bought one.

Lately I've been useing the 2X more. mostly because I dont have to rip videos to watch on it anymore and the better screen than my FLU along with better video are a great motivator. Secondly, I dont feel like I'm going to accidentally break a SD card the way I feel with the SMCs. tranfering stuff the the cards is the same experience between the two though since my card reader can write to both of them. There's also the issue of not wanting to risk damaging the GP32 now that it's effectively a collectors item. I mean if I break it now I can't just order up a new one... maybe I can right now, but not after a certain point as stocks are either dwindleing for some retailers or just plain gone at others.

i never had a gp32 but triton on the benheck forums said great things and i decided the 2x was for me, i still make portable consoles though, despite the emulation being pretty good

Back