How Many Of You Own An Arcade Cabinet?

fade

Website
Visit site
I'm interested in seeing how many of us here own an Arcade Cabinet? Either original or converted. I'm pondering over the idea of selling mine (Converted Mame Cab) but i'm not sure what the interest would be like, or where would be best to advertise it. Plus it would just be cool to find out how many people on here own one and perhaps see some pics! :)

Well I for one don't own one. I've got a hori fighting stick 3 and that's enough for me now. Having said that, when I graduate and if I find a job, I might give a japanese style sitting (JAMMA?) cab a second, or maybe even a third, thought. Or at least upgrade to a hrap3/sfIV TE.

I currently own only two cocktails.. sold my uprights when I last moved (and admit, cut up a few and hauled them to the dump. But those were generics, not originals, so my karma is okay.)

Cocktail one is 'the tardis' (my name), as I've put joysticks on all 4 sides .. leaf sticks on the long ends, and microsewitch streetfight layout on the landscape ends.. so good for old schools shooters and modern fighters/neogeo as well.

The other cocktail is an original Omega Race (mono vector), in relatively good working order.

I need to get a really good condition upright one of these days, like a Killer Instinct, as a showpiece..

Don't ask me about how many hundreds of neo geo cartds and PCBs I've got. I've been meaning to sell a bunch off (to folks here too :), but its hard time to get :)

jeff

Wow, 2 cocktails, and you used to own uprights as well? You must have a lot of room. your tardis cab sounds amazing, Any chance of a pic?

I only have one upright, it used to an Arcade Actua Soccer cabinet, which i wasnt interested in at all so i converted it to a Mame Cabinet over some months which was a nice learning experience. Its far too big for my home tho and I dont have much space, so Iv been considering either selling it or exchanging it for a smaller cab. The cabs I remember from childhood were generic ones called 'silverline' I think, which would the ideal size. Anyone know about these?

Not a lot of room.. just all my room was filled with arcade gear. (At one point I picked up a few hundred PCBs from an operator who was shutting down; at that point, there were literally towers of PCBs over most of the floor.. you had to jump around like a rabbit to maneauver around my place. That was rough ;)

Right now I've just moved so its all crammed into a back room in the basement out of sight (But my little 2 year old girl found it.. she likes ot whack away at the buttons on the cabs :)

Cocktails are small; in my bachelor days I just threw a tablecloth over them and instant table :p

Uprights are huge though, but nothing compared to a pinball...

I keep thinking it woudl be nice to build a MAME cab, but no time, and a lot of work. I keep the cocktails arond as they're small and JAMMAtized, and I've wired up a dozen adapters and harnesses, so I can run anything I need in them.

Generic Dynamo's are pretty nice..

Should just cough up and buy a premade MAME cab sometime, but I bet they're crappy :p

jeff

I like fixing up arcade machines and pins. In my basement, I currently have 5 arcades and 4 pinball machines. I've got a couple others that are in garages. My Neo Geo 6-slot is probably my favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Flavor' said:
I currently have 5 arcades and 4 pinball machines. I've got a couple others that are in garages.
Wow! You must have a pretty large basement! In the uk, they seem to build our houses as small as possible, (so they can build as many houses as possible and squeeze as much money out of ppl as possible) we don't really have basements, just spare rooms and cupboards! Pinball was something that never really caught on here as much as it did in the states, which is a shame as i've seen some amazing pinball machines too!

I have a killer instinct cab wich is in quite good condition it think !
I have a 1069 pcb wich is basically a little pc that has a jamma connection and i also have a hyper neogeo 64 with the 4 fighting games and i think i will soon have a ATOMISWAVE with 3 or maybe more games including kofxi ! these all or will all work in my jamma ki cab :p

I've got an LS Sound 29 candy and a generic pub JAMMA upright.

'bman' said:
Original X-Arcade 1.0. Not as fancy as what they have now.
Wow, that is so overpriced it is beyond words.

I have 2 one of which has been converted to MAME and is in my living room and the other is a 50" sega sit down ex virtua striker machine in my garage which is being converted to MAME :D

Back