Mame Cabinet

fade

Website
Visit site
I have a full size Arcade cabinet converted for Mame complete with a translucent Happ trackball an working coin mech that i'm considering selling. I love it, but i simply don't have a lot of space. Has anyone else here sold an arcade cab?

A few questions -
What country are you in??

Also - Can you add photo's and whats the main system? Is it an X86 inside to emulate MAME?

I'm in Scotland. an yes its an x86 based system, not jamma. I'd say about a 30" screen with a standard vga connector, and an ipac for interpreting keystrokes. so a snap to get going. Built in overhead speakers to hook up to an amp. I'm just kinda testing the water just now really to see if theres anyone else here thats sold an arcade cabinet before, was it picked up, did you arrange for delivery etc etc. This would be pick up coz its biigg. If theres enough interest i'll post some pics.

fade said:
I have a full size Arcade cabinet converted for Mame complete with a translucent Happ trackball an working coin mech that i'm considering selling. I love it, but i simply don't have a lot of space. Has anyone else here sold an arcade cab?

Yes, I have sold a full size MAME cabinet and a full sized Pac-Man in the past. Do yourself a favor and make it local pickup, unless the buyer wants to deal with figuring out shipping themselves. I know that at least here in the states there are companies that will come out and pack and crate and ship for a fee if someone wants it done bad enough.

Also do yourself the favor of pricing it right..... meaning that you unfortunately aren't going to get paid for every hour of sweat and and labor you put into building your machine. Most people out there looking for a used cabinet, are looking for a bargain, if they weren't, they would be buying it new or making it themselves.

Good luck to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a few cabs shipped around the UK, it isn't cheap - normally works out around £70-100. I wouldn't have thought it'd be worth it for a MAME cab to be honest.

Back