How Many Games Do You Have On Your Caanoo?

How many games do you have on your Caanoo?

• Total voters

darklight1138

On my 16gb card, I've got around 6700 games.

I just got bored and decided to see. It's kinda cool to know I could pick a new game to play every day and it would take almost 20 years to play (not beat though) every one.

It's also neat to show the device to a friend and tell them you have THOUSANDS of games on there. Might be a good way to help sell them! Or to brag :D

**** Random helpful hint ****

Take all of the readmes for your emulators and apps and put them in the E-book section, renaming them to their respective program. That way if you have a problem it's very easy to consult directions.

darklight1138 said:
On my 16gb card, I've got around 6700 games.

I just got bored and decided to see. It's kinda cool to know I could pick a new game to play every day and it would take almost 20 years to play (not beat though) every one.

It's also neat to show the device to a friend and tell them you have THOUSANDS of games on there. Might be a good way to help sell them! Or to brag :D

**** Random helpful hint ****

Take all of the readmes for your emulators and apps and put them in the E-book section, renaming them to their respective program. That way if you have a problem it's very easy to consult directions.

Yeah I have had mine about 5 months now but I only have 2000 games so far(looks like I have some catching up to do). Yeah most of my friends did not even know what the Caanoo was, but after seeing what it can do, they all wanted one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to guesstimate around 5-6,000. after getting a nice MAME rom package... not all of the games boot up though.

I have about 4500 games on my 32GB SD card, all genesis/megadrive.

I mainly have more music and movies though.

I can't say exactly, but for the price(size) of one or two psx titles, you can have the whole romsets of SNES or Genesis/Megadrive, not to mention the old 8-Bit roms for NES or VCS2600, which are even smaller.

Hi, i would easily have 10000+ games on my caanoo's 32gb card, im not going to go counting them all though lol. But i think you will agree there would be well over 10000 games here.

I mostly have full rom sets on for each emulator, this is my list-

Nes (Full romset)
Snes (Full romset)
GB (Full romset)
GBC (Full romset)
GBA (Full romset)
Megadrive (Full romset)
SMS (Full romset)
32X (Full romset)
PC Engine (Full romset)
Colecovision (Full romset)
Intellivision (Full romset)
Vectrex (Full romset)
Atari 2600 (Full romset)
Atari 5200 (Full romset)
Atari 7800 (Full romset)
Neo geo Portable (Full romset)
Capcom CPs2 (Full romset)
C64 (Full romset)
MSX (Full romset)
Amiga (200 games)
Spectrum (20 games)
Amstrad (20 games)
Scummvm (20 games)
Mame+Neogeo (Full romset+Neo romset)(I never had any luck with the neo geo emu, i just use mame which seems fine to me)

+ About 30 Caanoo homebrew games!
+ 6 PC ports(doom, hexen, quake1+2 etc)
+ Usually about 20 psx games at a time, to fill up the rest of the 32gb card.
+ 100+ gp2x/wiz games from those Ginge compatible game packs!

I also have a 4+8Gb cards spare atm but it's not really needed as a 32gb card fits pretty much everything on ok.

Han.

PS: I would imagine double ups of roms aren't being counted! I have painstakingly hand selected single roms out of all my romsets, as some have contained half a dozen different versions of the same roms in the rar'd sets(different regions etc).

It isn't hard to count them. I just go into the roms folder and highlight them all and count them that way, or if there are other non-roms in it, I sort them and count them by highlighting just the roms. Takes a few minutes at most.

I wish there was a program for the Caanoo that could do that.

Hi, yer i know how to count the roms mate, thanks a lot anyway.

I might count them all up later on, but there would be a few sets that would be difficult.

The amiga roms for example, each game can be spread over multiple disks, so 1 game could have 2-4 rom images for each game. Same goes for the c64, some of it's games were on multiple disks as well. So it's not quite as easy as just counting how many files are in those folders.

Also like i mentioned i have sorted all my romsets so as to not have any double ups, but there are a couple of sets i still need to sort out that do still contain double ups.

The C64 for example, i have around 17500(2gb) tape/disk game images on my caanoo atm(not joking), but of course there would be a lot of double ups. I would imagine there being around 5000 independent c64 games if they were sorted.

I could count up all the other formats though, it's just the amiga and C64 rom counts that might be a little difficult to get a proper count on, the rest of the formats should be ok to count.

I will repost when i get some sort of total count, to be honest i would not be surprised if i had 15000+ games on my caanoo:) And if i eventually add the missing fullsets for systems like the Amstrad, Spectrum and Amiga, i am quite confident there would be around 20000 games all up, as most of the 8bit computer formats had a LOT OF GAMES lol!

A little extreme maybe, but why not lol! I had all the romsets for pc emulation anyway well before i bought my caanoo.

Han.

Interesting, no bell curve here!
Probably too small a sampling, although caanooers are probably a pretty small and diverse group to begin with...

Back