Do You Generally Beat Most Games?

Do you generally beat most games? (Aside from unbeatables like Civilization)

• Yes - beat them all the way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gorramnit, I only go half way through

• Time is tight, I only play for a night or two.. part way in

• No, I play until I'm done, but rarely beat it

• No, I don't play games, I'm just trolling

• Total voters

Rico posted on Dec 30 2005 at 09:27 AM said:
I used to be like that until one year when I played FF5, FF6, Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, and a bunch of other games and one-by-one stopped playing them. Later when I realised I stopped playing SMRPG hours away from the end, and I had lost savestates to all of them due to a computer format, I resolved to finish games one at a time. So I did. I took the savestate for Phantasy Star IV (a game I gave up on a year ago) and finished it, it felt awesome. Then I finished a bunch of other games one at a time, and yes, it feels really good to finish them and not leave them hanging.

If they stop being fun, though, it's understandable. I did that with World of Warcraft (which doesn't really have an ending anyway)
Oh God. There's nothing I hate more than playing a game till the very end, and having your memory card die or losing all the savestates before you can complete it. I've had that happen to at least 10 games (and that was the reason why I said fuck it and never restarted those games). I remember when i was like 8 yrs old and I was playing crash bandicoot. I lost all my data and I began to cry (I was 8). It's such a terrible feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
*g*

Lets talk about the chain of command.

Thats the chain I go and beat you with until you take my commands.

(Something like that, from The Train Job, ep2 :)

jeff

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 30 2005 at 04:46 PM said:
Oh God. There's nothing I hate more than playing a game till the very end, and having your memory card die or losing all the savestates before you can complete it. I've had that happen to at least 10 games (and that was the reason why I said fuck it and never restarted those games). I remember when i was like 8 yrs old and I was playing crash bandicoot. I lost all my data and I began to cry (I was 8). It's such a terrible feeling.
I've accidentally deleted a few saves in the past. The latest seems to be Mario Kart: Double Dash (GC). I finished that months back, unlocked everything but when I booted it up the other day to play a multiplayer game I noticed the unlocked cups were missing. I checked the memory card and it's the only save file missing so I must have accidentally deleted it at some point. God knows how. :angry:

In the good ol' days I had maybe three games a year. They were cherished and played to death until everything was unlocked. Now with disposable income I buy more games than I have the time and energy to play and have various games from the last five or so years that I haven't finished as I moved onto the next game and then forgot what I was doing in the older game. Majora's Mask sits uncompleted next to my N64. Now that's just a crime against gaming. :lol:

It doesn't help that I now have quite a few open ended games that suck away my life like the Sims 2, Sim City and Animal Crossing.

Now what I do is I have to finish a game before I buy a new one. If I do buy a new game because it was on offer or a gift then I put it to one side and don't even start it up to take a peek until I know I've got some time to dedicate to it. It minimises the guilt of having another unfinished game.
That's why I'm waiting until the UK release of AC:WW instead of importing so that I have a couple of months to finish off a few games. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It really just depends on whether I buy the game or not. Usually I will not play the game for long at all if I downloaded it unless they are really good. Phyconauts is a good example. Most of the games that grab my attention though are games like World of Warcraft and RTSs, so you can't really beat those. With RPGs like Final Fantasy I consider finishing the story beating it. You are just wating you time if you are looking for items. That is no fun at all. I also loved Diablo 2, and I looked for Items in that. I think that is different from looking for items in Final Fantasy. It is actually fun on the internet.

Back