How Long Should The Firmware Update Take

yeah i wish it had some kind of "reset to factory defaults" button on the back, just one of those tiny buttons which you need a pin to press.

i dont think ill be updating my firmware at all until this is resolved

awesome... --_--

And why was it actually bricked, is it really because of the small 64MB SD Card or are there other things to note?

I'll be getting a firmware flashable 512MB Sandisk SD next week, and I thought to make the full update but now... I guess I leave the boot loader alone...

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 4 2005 at 01:55 AM said:
awesome... --_--

And why was it actually bricked, is it really because of the small 64MB SD Card or are there other things to note?

I'll be getting a firmware flashable 512MB Sandisk SD next week, and I thought to make the full update but now... I guess I leave the boot loader alone...
I had noticed that my GP2X had been locking up with NKs latest SNES emu, but assumed it was just the new code causing problems? Maybe it locked during the upgrade?

Last edited by a moderator:
What they need to do is enable an update from the OS, have the OS do the work then VERIFY that the written data is consistent with the hash of the update file, then display part of the hash to the screen.

That way, when you update,
A ) The data hasn't been corrupted and
B ) GPH will tell you what hash data you should see on the screen for the update to have been confirmed successful.

And if it fails, you don't have to reboot, you can simply retry the update.

Well if we never had to update the u-boot in the first place we would not have this problem, right? I could restore my gp2x if it were not for the bad u-boot, what is there to update on it anyway?

Back