How High Is The Chance The Pandora Gets Lost Using Royal Mail?

Mithrildor

I Haz Custom Title
Anyone knows if there is a chance it gets lost? Because now there is time left to chance the delivery method.

Aren't they using special delivery? If so, the chance is about one in a million.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is always a chance it could get lost! Just accept it as highly unlikely and don't worry about it!

Even with the most expensive shipping methods, your package can get lost. It happened to my bro once, when he ordered his notebook.

The best method is something that requires an ID to receive or sends you a code to your cellphone. Door delivery is also great. Things can get lost but at least everybody knows you've not received your package.

If Royal Mail has insurance on par with that of UPS, then stick with it. If it doesn't, change shipping methods.

If it gets lost, it doesn't matter which service you use, so make sure you use a service which will reimburse you without much hassle should they lose the package.

Special Delivery was an extra cost in UK

You get standard 2-3 delivery from Royal Mail and generally zilch insurance (but from past experience Craig will probably insure items) - in the UK they charge extra for recorded and insurance on parcels - and given most postal workers over here get paid peanuts - you can see why things gets lost in the post

But don't risk fate - if you worry about something getting lost in the post - then the inevitable may happen.

That's why I paid the extra £7 - to make sure I got it special delivery next day, insured to my house

If you are worried just contact the sales team and pay the extra dosh - better safe than sorry

Funnily, I've just managed to threaten Three back into submission because they sent me a new contract phone by Special Delivery and it never arrived, but they started charging me for it. Someone even signed for it. Took me forever and some very nasty threats to get Three to cancel the bloody contract and refund my money.

Three tried to say that *I* had to chase it up with the Post Office and it was up to me to claim compensation etc. Sorry, but NO. If it doesn't arrive, it's not my problem because it's not yet my property, and you can't charge me because I haven't yet signed anything or recieved your end of the bargain (my phone!). In the end, they were so poxy useless and unhelpful that I told them that if it arrived tomorrow, they'd be coming to collect it or paying for return delivery.

I wouldn't have cared, but the bloody phone was worth less than the postage and the contract was £9.00 a month.

So it does happen to even the most expensive forms of transport. Remember those disks that the UK government sent to a council by courier that mysteriously went missing? They never found them either.

I haven't paid for UPS because I'd have to pay a lot more of stupid brazilian taxes.

So royal mail (that was that airsure shipping right?) to the netherlands and than TNT (not talking about the bomb powder) doesnt give my package to be lost easily?

'Mithrildor' said:
Anyone knows if there is a chance it gets lost? Because now there is time left to chance the delivery method.

You must be American.

I'm Canadian, and I don't know anyone that would pay to ship by UPS, especially if there's an alternative.

I mean... they're not so bad. They deliver over 90% of packages to the correct location! :lol:

I wouldn't worry about it. I've never had a problem with receiving stuff from the UK.

Could Royal Mail lose a parcel? Hmmm...

from the depths of 2006:

CODE
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4700190.stm

Royal Mail is facing a record £11.4m fine for failing to adequately prevent mail being lost, damaged or stolen.

Royal Mail has admitted that more than 14 million letters and parcels were lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with last year.

Yeesh, that seems very high. <goes to look up statistics for other parcel delivery services>

Eh, I already paid for Air Mail shipping, and I'm not going to pay another wiring fee just to upgrade to UPS. :p I'll just hope that it gets here safely...

'Phawx' said:
Yeesh, that seems very high. <goes to look up statistics for other parcel delivery services>
Royal Mail have made a LOT of cost-cutting measures since then - especially since the Credit Crunch hit. Theorise what you may from that...

Back