How expensive?

ADAMPOKE111

Still Fresh
How expensive do you think the pyra will be?

I'm hoping not as expensive as the pandora. ;-;

It most likely will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe not as expensive as the 1Ghz was when it first came out, but brace for the possibility that it is. It's still early in development, so no one is really sure the real target yet.

It's gonna be so expensive that it will hurt. The question is, what is it worth to you - and how badly do you want one?

D.

Which one would you rather support,

the honest and ineffective, or

the one who is dishonest and rips you off

Apples margins are much much higher, which means they are selling you more profit for themselves.

Also there is something to be said for a business-model that isnt built on creating a false model of dependency, or hidden surveillance.

There are a lot of others, the difference between them is almost none when you compare to something that is really different.

Which one would you rather support,

the honest and ineffective, or

the one who is dishonest and rips you off

Apples margins are much much higher, which means they are selling you more profit for themselves.

Also there is something to be said for a business-model that isnt built on creating a false model of dependency, or hidden surveillance.

There are a lot of others, the difference between them is almost none when you compare to something that is really different.
604px-Apple_logo_Think_Different_vectorized.svg.png

I heard 500 euros being bandied about as the price but don't quote me on that.Ed is aware that the 1ghz units were priced too high upon release though.

Let's play it by ear.

Depends what you will use it for, as to wheteher or not you think its worth the money, perhaps,

It will be extremely reasonable for what it is. Like the pandora is. Something you may find what you consider "reasonable" isnt.

The markup on most mass-produced electronic gadgetery often only gets bigger with scale.

And it all rather depends on how many gets one, in this case scale is better. I will help you out with buying a device for myself.

How expensive do you think the pyra will be?

I'm hoping not as expensive as the pandora. ;-;
It will be around 500 - 550 Euros. + 50/100 Euros more for the docking station.

IMO it is a reasonable price if they manage to release it before summer 2015.

It will be really important (business wise) if they manage to release the docking station from day 1 with the PYRA.

The first Ubuntu phone will be released this December and it will support desktop mode from day 1, according to the rumors, so I think the Ubuntu phones will be the main competitor.

Of course, there is a possibility that the mobile version of Ubuntu will be just another big brother style OS like Android and Windows mobile, so in that case the Pyra will remain unique.

:)

It will be pretty difficult to give an accurate guess of the retail price for Pyra at this stage without having either a full BOM or knowing the full cost of development. Also anticipated sales will obviously have an effect on the final retail price. Hardware costs and exchange rates can change quite a bit over a year as well.

However FWIW, 500 Euros, as guessed above, sounds pretty reasonable to me as the RRP for a first batch unit.

Can't get my head round if that's ridiculously cheap or ridiculously expensive, which probably means it's about right. :)

It will be pretty difficult to give an accurate guess of the retail price for Pyra at this stage without having either a full BOM or knowing the full cost of development. Also anticipated sales will obviously have an effect on the final retail price. Hardware costs and exchange rates can change quite a bit over a year as well.

However FWIW, 500 Euros, as guessed above, sounds pretty reasonable to me as the RRP for a first batch unit.

Can't get my head round if that's ridiculously cheap or ridiculously expensive, which probably means it's about right. :)
500 sounds fine to me, would be surprised if it isn't more then that.

$850 USD:  I have no clue when they  will come out with it  I am hoping on the aggressive side that it will be near December but, recursively the open pandora release  was  n=n(n + 2months). hopefully supply and demand will be on our side this time.

Actually I hope ED and company sell the first 100 at auction over the course of 25 days with an auction ending every 6 hours. All 100 numbered and signed with the number posted on the auction. Max out the value from the hysteria. Certain numbers cause collectors to go kind of crazy. #001 and #007 should bring in a premiums for example.

At that point if the auction prices still hold higher than 10% over the planned retail price, keep the auctions going until demand pushes the price down to planned retail. 4 per day or 12 per day (ending every 2 hours) whatever works for the volume they can handle.

Back