How will Brexit affect the price of the Pyra?

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
Will it become far more expensive due to currency fluctuations? I'm concerned as I only have just enough for it as it is.

I don't see how it would have any substantial effect, unless there's some nuance to the U.K.'s economy I'm not aware of (certainly possible). The U.K. wasn't using the Euro to begin with.

Well the Pound went down against the Euro following the Brexit Poll. So yes, it has had an effect, hopefully it's a short term thing and stability returns (to all markets)

If you are from the UK then, for the time being, it will become more expensive.

I believe the Euro also took a hit. Since some parts are from the US the Pyra will likely become more expensive in Euros as well.
So UK Pyra customers will probably suffer twice.

Hard to predict how long this will take, but from a financial perspective the Brexit is a very bad thing.

I hope you are right, but I don't share your cautious optimism. Europe has been quite fragile lately.

I am not a proponent of the EU at all, but as a Dutch guy I would prefer to have the UK at the table.
Together with Germany, it has been a valuable ally against the poorer nations within the union.

Hi,
I hope you are right, but I don't share your cautious optimism. Europe has been quite fragile lately.

I am not a proponent of the EU at all, but as a Dutch guy I would prefer to have the UK at the table.
Together with Germany, it has been a valuable ally against the poorer nations within the union.
I didn't know richer nations within the union had to unite against their poorer neighbours, still within the union...

Cheers, Magic Sam

Great attitude, gz. I'd rather say, we should become one nation. (And drop German tax law, while we're at it.)

Well, as said, I am not a fan of the union. Particularly not in its current form.

It behaves as a federate state, though it is not. Hence it is inconsistent with itself, undemocratic, weak and divided. Due to this we are forced to choose between saving the value of the savings of the rich part versus devaluation of the currency and fixing economies in the weak part.

The union should either just become a real federate state or give up on the idea and focus on trade agreements only, otherwise having a shared currency is quite a bad idea. I think that, for better or worse, the British may have put us on the second path.

I understand their choice, when push comes to shove people choose what they believe is best for themselves.
That's also why I agree with the austerity measures for Greece. I would hate to see my savings lose all their value and purchasing power on the global market.

I am neither an economist nor a politician, but recent years seem to suggest that the union just doesn't really know what to do in crisis situations. The whole situation with Greece is a mess for both sides and the refugee problem isn't being tackled particularly great either. Just countries shoving the hurt to their neighbours as much as possible.

I think it is easy to understand the anti-European sentiment, but it is also sad that it had to come this far. I do think that if they want to keep going the way they do, then they need to draft a constitution, adopt English as the official primary language of the union and become a real federate government. Good luck getting citizens to agree with that....

Well, I pre-ordered last week-end and it cost me £260, if I had pre-ordered today (now) £267, I hope the decision doesn't affect EDs' business too much.

I now feel vindicated that I pre-ordered my Pyra full-price via vouchers, as the referendum did worry me. Of course, I am still affected if the Euro price goes up.

Even if the pound remains 10% lower, compared to the Euro, than before, that is only about £60. I am aware that that is enough to cause problems for some people, but, having had a relatively privileged upbringing, it is difficult for me to imagine. The main concern should be for ED's margins, I think, if the dollar-Euro exchange rate changes much.

I find this whole Brexit thing amusing. British Brexit voters Regrexit and are petitioning for a subsequent vote to Debrexit.

It is ironic that the vote for this British (composed of multiple countries) eurozone exit stemmed primarily from English people who felt overburdened by rule from a remote governent - which is what Britain with government centered in England has been doing to/for others for centuries.

Even more ammusing is the talk about Scottland and Northern Ireland considering exiting Britain - which would be devestating to England - to remain in the EU.

Here's a thought to the potentially soon to be split off English colonies that are being involontarily drug out of the EU by England: Skip the Euro Zone. Petition the US and become the 51st state. Yes, I know, it's normally U.S.A. as an acronym, but you'd be as much in America as Hawaii is. What you would loose in single payer health care you could make up for in firearm freedoms. If your country happens to have a deep water port, it could instantly become a major point of entry/exit to goods entering/leaving the US to/from Europe. As an additional benefit, you could get to drive on the right side of the road. Alaska and Hawaii, the last two to join, were in 1959, which isn't that long ago really.

The U.S. has been playing this economic consolidation for mutual benefit and defense thing for hundreds of years now and has an entire section of it's constitution dedicated to the procedure for the volontary onboarding additional of additional territory. (Article 4, section 3).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admission_to_the_Union

Just be forewarned, though, we're not as amicable to exit/divorce/secession.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

So, if you really want to mess with England and Europe, pick what's behind curtain number 3.

I'm still expecting Britain to shortly say something along the lines of, "Sorry for the economic roller coaster ride, we were just kidding about the whole Brexit thing and would like very much if you could completely ignore that referrendum vote that was driven by a group of known liars and instigators with twisted and, in retrospect, inaccurate, "facts". We'll see you all soon at the Olympics. Tally Ho!"

Which brings up a further question: Why doesn't the U.S. get to (or have to) field a different Olympic team from each state and/or territory?

I find this whole Brexit thing amusing. British Brexit voters Regrexit and are petitioning for a subsequent vote to Debrexit.
Which has been proven to be a fake petition.

Scottland and Northern Ireland considering exiting Britain - which would be devestating to England
Scotland no longer being part of Great Britain does not worry English at all. The Scottish had a referendum last year and chose to remain as part of Britain. Obviously things have changed since then and negiotiations may well be on-going, but nothing is likely to happen for quite some time.

It's early days yet and nobody can say whether the long term effects will be positive or negative at this point. The immediate effects were always likely to be negative, but these may well be short-term issues. Time will tell.

tumblr_livj0oI4f31qen3q5o1_500.png

Which has been proven to be a fake petition.
Has it? It's on the official petitions website, and has almost 4 million signatures from people who legitimately signed the text as it currently stands. Of course, the government may well say 'no can do', but we'll have to see what happens.

Back