How do you use your Pandora?

Pretty much every post I've made on this board since early 2011 when I got mine has been done on my Pandora.

Main use is internet on the go tethered to a phone or taking notes and drafting text.

In my former job I used the Pandora as a terminal for the local server and to continue testing scripts and stuff during lunch.

I remote control my PCs at home using RDP/VNC from the couch, from the next room or from not at home at all.

Listening to music/audio books while sitting somwhere is another use. But on the go I use my phone for music because of the audio-connector-on-the-front-while-in-pocket thing.

As for gaming I like to play my LucasArts adventures via SCUMM, SNES favourites like Contra 3, Mystical Ninja, Super The Empire Strikes Back etc., experiencing some PSX RPGs for the first time and a few of the ported games like POWDER, Letter-O-Mania, OpenTyrian... there's just so many good games out there

I am learning some C/SDL, reading tutorials, coding, compiling and running stuff on the Pandora. Made two more or less crappy PNDs with ports.

I once wrote a short speech, drew two pictures for it and held it using the tv-out on a beamer. After that I was forced to spend 15 minutes introducing the tutor to that wondrous little device I had been using :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good heavens, a PandaBAS user. How quaint :)

For myself, it's music while walking the dog coupled with Brogue on the sofa and the odd bit of coding in Lazarus when I'm away from the PC.

D.
:) Yeah. But I just HAD to play with it when I found it...since BASIC was the first programming language I ever learned...my first compy was a Trash 80. :p :D

Well, where to start?

I use it a lot as a USB disk at work, working with documents, the odd bit of programming on the go.

Off work I use it mostly to lose sleep over OpenTTD and the excellent ports of the DOS X-COM games.

I used to use it a lot as a USB-CDROM to rescue crashed computers, but i've yet to recover that script since that pandora died on me.

I've found it to be indispensable on long flights and other periods of boredom.

I've been meaning to get to use it as an ebook reader with FBReader and stuff, but life has gotten in the way, and my kindle works good enough.

Basically I use it as I would use any other laptop except this one has insane battery life and very fancy USB features.

The only things i miss is to be able to set up a wifi access point from it and a slightly better-looking case, my coworkers constantly comment on its ugliness until i show them what it can do.

Does anyone take their OpenPandora on flights? If so, do you purge any emulators and roms from your SD card(s) prior to departure? It's pretty clear that the 4th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution no longer applies at airline security checkpoints, and airports in U.K. and western Europe have similar security.

Does anyone take their OpenPandora on flights? If so, do you purge any emulators and roms from your SD card(s) prior to departure? It's pretty clear that the 4th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution no longer applies at airline security checkpoints, and airports in U.K. and western Europe have similar security.
they dont even consider the pandora as a computer, so it stays in my bag ! ipads need to be removed and thats anoter reason why they suck :)

I've flown Sweden-Greece with it.

One time there was heightened security for some reason and I was thoroughly patted down. But I don't think anyone even took a second look at the Pandora.

They probably just think it's Nintendo.

Yeah I went to Chile at Xmas and had no problems with the Pandora at security. They think of it as a DS. They only want to scan tablets and notebooks/netbooks/laptops. Heavens knows why...

My most recent usage has been setting up owncloud and synching my saves for various emulators and some of the open engined games like OpenXcom. It seems to be working rather well. I've been doing smaller tests to begin with - playing Yoshi's Island on Pandora and then loading up ZSNES on PC with HQ4x enabled and a PS1 pad and continuing where I left off.

Likewise for OpenXcom and SCUMMVM.

At the minute, my Pandora is used mostly as an MP3 player. With the occasional break out of a few games, and email checking; and super-rarely, some compilation/development.

They only want to scan tablets and notebooks/netbooks/laptops. Heavens knows why...
What the...? I am really sure that this is illegal and it's normal now?
Why do people accept this and what happens if you refuse?
Illegal where?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Everywhere in the west?

Basic human rights? Privacy?

Everyone should take a look into his constitution now and then to notice, that most illegal activity is part of the "normal" life.

People should stop accepting everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
They only want to scan tablets and notebooks/netbooks/laptops. Heavens knows why...
Illegal where?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Everywhere in the west?

Basic human rights? Privacy?

Everyone should take a look into his constitution now and then to notice, that most illegal activity is part of the "normal" life.

People should stop accepting everything.
at the borders if you refuse anything you may be prevented from entering the country. though.

By "scan" PokeParadox most likely ment putting tablets/notebooks on track for x-raying. And I think, that Pandora does not get attention due to it's smaller size. And with x-ray I do not see any privacy violations (I guess privacy is more violated when baggage is x-rayed than pandora) :)

Back