Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Large Case holding several cards

• Nothing. I just toss 'em around like junk

• Total voters

OK, you better sit down or something... :huh:

I.... keep my GP in my pocket!! :ph34r:
Lint, sweat, and very often fingerprints, when fishing it out of the pocket. :blink:

DaveC posted on Feb 26 2005 at 06:09 PM said:
Jarska333 posted on Feb 26 2005 at 05:48 PM said:
And a duster?  :blink:
Of course! Don't want any of that pesky DUST on my screen :p

Ok, so I really am ill, forgive me :D

Don't worry, I don't play with my GP unless I can wash my hands first (Well....It'll get sticky!), and after I clean the screen. Want to start going to help groups with me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bingo Jesus posted on Feb 26 2005 at 11:07 PM said:
DaveC posted on Feb 26 2005 at 06:09 PM said:
Jarska333 posted on Feb 26 2005 at 05:48 PM said:
And a duster?  :blink:
Of course! Don't want any of that pesky DUST on my screen :p

Ok, so I really am ill, forgive me :D

Don't worry, I don't play with my GP unless I can wash my hands first (Well....It'll get sticky!), and after I clean the screen. Want to start going to help groups with me?

Of course you have to scrub up before you play the GP32. Doesn't everyone? I just took that for granted :D

Jarska333 posted on Feb 26 2005 at 06:58 PM said:
OK, you better sit down or something...  :huh:

I.... keep my GP in my pocket!!  :ph34r:
Lint, sweat, and very often fingerprints, when fishing it out of the pocket.  :blink:

Oh the HORROR!! Dust! Lint? Sweat!? Oh.. I am feeling faint, get the smelling salts, everything is spinning :unsure:

DaveC posted on Feb 27 2005 at 05:11 AM said:
Jarska333 posted on Feb 26 2005 at 06:58 PM said:
OK, you better sit down or something...   :huh:

I.... keep my GP in my pocket!!  :ph34r:
Lint, sweat, and very often fingerprints, when fishing it out of the pocket.  :blink:

Oh the HORROR!! Dust! Lint? Sweat!? Oh.. I am feeling faint, get the smelling salts, everything is spinning :unsure:

i have a piece of dust under the glass mod on my NLU...

watching Rush Hour 2 - its looking at me - must clean it

no no no - resist ! :blink:

sPaCe :ph34r:

spaceboygp32x posted on Feb 27 2005 at 11:35 AM said:
i have a piece of dust under the glass mod on my NLU...

watching Rush Hour 2 - its looking at me - must clean it

no no no - resist ! :blink:

sPaCe :ph34r:

*Increased breathing*, *Sweating palms*, "You Monster, with my palms like this I won't be able to play my GP for the rest of the day!"

Jarska333 posted on Feb 27 2005 at 05:28 AM said:
OK, you better sit down or something... :huh:

I.... keep my GP in my pocket!! :ph34r:
Lint, sweat, and very often fingerprints, when fishing it out of the pocket. :blink:

BLASPHEMY! I CAST THEE OUT!

Seriously I could nbot play my GP32 with any dust and especially fingerprints on the screen. I can acutally be pretty lazy when it comes to keeping things clean, but when it comes to GP32 I'm a real clean freak. I got this GB screen cleaner fluid from EB once, I use it to clean my PC monitor, GBA screen, GP32, scanner... it's pretty good stuff.

@DaveC: that case looks great! I want one!

Anhd finally.....

to all those people who voted 'I toss mine about liuke junk'.... BLASPHEMY! (once again). I now cast a curse on all of you.... your SMCs will all stop working unless you store them in their proper cases. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nooowayyy, that's crazy :) . Doesn't that make the PSP less of a handheld?

I have mine in a little carry bag and a few SMCs in their own little plastic cases all in the pouch of the bag.

Actually for the moment I have bitten the PSP feaver, even though I have only got one game for it. Think I better keep quiet about that on this forum though :lol:

DaveC posted on Feb 26 2005 at 07:19 AM said:
I keep everything in one case with the system. this way you don't have to fiddle with plastic cases or sleeves and everything is quick to get to. cards are held separate by slots in the case.

caselr.jpg

WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 28 2005 at 07:33 AM said:
Nooowayyy, that's crazy  :) . Doesn't that make the PSP less of a handheld?

I have mine in a little carry bag and a few SMCs in their own little plastic cases all in the pouch of the bag.

Actually for the moment I have bitten the PSP feaver, even though I have only got one game for it. Think I better keep quiet about that on this forum though  :lol:

I think that the two are for entirely different purposes. The GP32 is for retro/emulators and HB and the PSP is basically a portable PS2. I will get the PSP when it is released officially, but it won't take the place of my GP32 any more than my PS2 or Xbox would take its place now.

DaveC posted on Feb 26 2005 at 01:19 AM said:
I keep everything in one case with the system. this way you don't have to fiddle with plastic cases or sleeves and everything is quick to get to. cards are held separate by slots in the case.

caselr.jpg

ilu

Blah posted on Mar 1 2005 at 04:11 AM said:
@DaveC: Can you reccommend a good program (it has to be free) to open the vector-graphics labels with?

Free? Well that narrows it down quite a bit. In fact I can't think of a free (legally) vector graphic editor. Maybe someone else here knows of one. Do you know someone that does CAD or DTP work and can borrow a copy from work?

Umm...:blink:...no. If I wasn't lazy, I'd spend an hour at sourceforge looking for one. I'll do that later, though, whenever I get some ink for the printer, some stickers, or more than 2 smcs. :)

Blah posted on Mar 1 2005 at 04:22 AM said:
Umm...:blink:...no. If I wasn't lazy, I'd spend an hour at sourceforge looking for one. I'll do that later, though, whenever I get some ink for the printer, some stickers, or more than 2 smcs. :)

"stickers" don't really work well. They usually get pretty worn pretty quick. What I do is print out at 1:1 scale on regular paper. Then I take that and get some plastic laminating material with adhesive backing already on it and laminate the printed page. Then I cut to size and stick them on.

DaveC posted on Mar 1 2005 at 01:31 AM said:
I think that the two are for entirely different purposes. The GP32 is for retro/emulators and HB and the PSP is basically a portable PS2. I will get the PSP when it is released officially, but it won't take the place of my GP32 any more than my PS2 or Xbox would take its place now.

Oh I totally agree, but to be honest, I can see emulators being developed for the PSP, it has a memory card of its own. I think you can go up to a Gig too! In fact all the features of the GP32 are pretty much present in the PSP:

GP32 and PSP share the following:
1. Amazing screen.
2. Removable memory Device.
3. USB.
3. Video, MP3 playback.

It will only take a few good coders to write some retro emulators for the PSP and it could become popular with both Retro gamers and the mainstream public. In other words, it has potential, and with its processing power, you could have a really nice Amiga emulator too.

The PSP howerver is mega expensive compared to the GP32, and as I said somewhere else, the GP32 does have something retro about it that will never replace the PSP for me.

Please don't think I'm dissing the GP32 here, I aint. I love the unit and I still play it a lot. Doom is on it, and I have lots of WADS, even some I wrote myself a few years ago. I'm not trying to start a war of the handhelds here, just stating that technology moves on!

SMC's, and other digi-camera memory cards, are, BTW, very tough. They take punishment like a good boxer, and stand extreme temperatures very well.

So you could just be tossing them around. B)

WarmFluffyUK posted on Mar 1 2005 at 07:13 AM said:
DaveC posted on Mar 1 2005 at 01:31 AM said:
I think that the two are for entirely different purposes.  The GP32 is for retro/emulators and HB and the PSP is basically a portable PS2.  I will get the PSP when it is released officially, but it won't take the place of my GP32 any more than my PS2 or Xbox would take its place now.

Oh I totally agree, but to be honest, I can see emulators being developed for the PSP, it has a memory card of its own. I think you can go up to a Gig too!

This has been gone over so many times now but people still don't seem to get it. So I will say it again, just because it has a memory card doesn't mean just any old code will run through it. If it weren't for the freelauncher and the fact that GP opened up the system(included the freelauncher in the BLU) , you wouldn't have it on the GP32 either. All code MUST BE DRM SIGNED in order to run. un-signed code will *not* run. There are chips in the PSP that only allow encrypted code to run. Could someone crack it? maybe. It would have to be a hardware mod probably just like the PS2. If you are ok with cracking open your PSP and soldering in mod chips then you are ok, maybe. It might just be too much of a pain to do it in that small space.

Think about it. If it was that easy all it would take is an easily obtained blank memory stick and an internet connection for the public at large to gain access to thousands of free games that would kill or severely hurt software sales. Do you really think Sony wants that? No way.

Third party developers also don't develop for systems that are un-secure as they want you buying their game and not getting them for free.

Emulators on PSP are not a sure thing, at least not for a long time, if ever.

Well I been looking through the forums here, and come up with this conclusion.

None of us actually know the sate of being able to run 3rd party software on the PSP. Nobody has tried it yet. Everyone is basing it all on the PS and PS2. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that none of you are 100% sure. Here's a quote from DaveC on another thread...

I don't know if the PSP has DRM but I would think it would. I was just saying don't assume that because it has a memory slot that homebrew stuff will automatically run through it.
Even if it did have DRM, it will only take one clever swine to come up with the encription code, and distribute it (a little illegal I would suppose). And please don't say the ONLY solution is a hardware mode, this may have been the big solution for the PS and PS2, but you were dealing with much more than just encription there. Example, the PS would reject non black discs, CDRWs would not be read, so you needed a hardware mod for that. With a memory stick you're not dealing with that.

I'm assuming the following:

In order to play a game on the PS2 the code needs to be DRM signed. So after the games company hase finished the game, Sony will put the code through an encription tool. The resulting code will then be accepted by the intended hardware.

If we have somone who is determined enough, that ecription will be broken! And they will then write his/her own encription tool which I bet will be distributed. I know Im understating how difficult this is. I had to write my own activation code tool for some software I'm in the middle of developing. But even I know it's not impossable to crack. Nothing is!!!

It's just a thought :) ......

Impossible? no. I think it would be possible, my question is will it be practical to do it. I doubt it will be as easy as loading a little hack onto the memory card and then running your emu. I am sure Sony has thought of that. I think it would be a hardware mod like the PS2. Of course we are both talking out of our arse and have no idea, so we just have to wait and see :)

I'm predicting, there is a simple, yet effective backdoor in PSP, that allows for unlicenced stuff to be loaded. However, when Sony becames aware of this, they will block the door in subsecuent versions, thus making majority of PSP's non-homebrew, and those old models very expensive on e-bay and similar.

Back