How Do You Store Your Smcs ?

What do you use to store your SMCs ?

  • Individual Plastic Cases for each one

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Individual Plastic Sleeves for each one

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Small Case holding several cards

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Large Case holding several cards

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. I just toss 'em around like junk

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

T

TelcoLou

Guest
Yep. I like the little anti-static plastic sleeves I got from bananapc.com. (They also came in individual cases, but they're a bit bulky IMO) I can see the label on the SMC, and it saves space whilst keeping them separated and safe from injury. :)
 
T

TelcoLou

Guest
Esn posted on Feb 25 2005 at 10:49 PM said:
You should have an option for "I only have one SMC and it's always in my GP32". :ph34r:

You know, I thought of that after I made the poll :lol:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Blah

Wanna Be Programmer
Joined
Dec 18, 2003
Messages
3,253
Age
32
Location
Oregon, USA
Website
Visit site
1 smc thats in a case and one thats in the gp32 and I switch them out.
One smc has pretty much everything on it, and the other has a whole bunch of doom wads and a movie.
 

trooper

Trooper`s watching you !!!
Joined
Apr 20, 2003
Messages
5,503
Location
The DarkSide (London)
Website
Visit site
I keep mine in the bulky plastic cases, But having got 6 now, it is proving difficult to fit them all in my GP32 case + GP32 as well. I may convert to the plastic sleeves as space is getting in short supply.

**Looks over shoulder to see if Rico is watching**

Trooper
 

DaveC

Internal Development
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
9,208
I keep everything in one case with the system. this way you don't have to fiddle with plastic cases or sleeves and everything is quick to get to. cards are held separate by slots in the case.


caselr.jpg
 

shinneri

Certified Guru
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
2,393
Age
33
Location
Middle of Nowhere, USA
Website
www.gpnewbie.com
I have three in the hard plastic cases and three in the soft sleeves. I keep my emulators and things in the hard cases because I carry those around in my pocket more. The soft sleeve ones hold MP3s, Movies, Doom, and Quake.
 

spaceboygp32x

Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
505
DaveC posted on Feb 26 2005 at 06:19 AM said:
I keep everything in one case with the system.  this way you don't have to fiddle with plastic cases or sleeves and everything is quick to get to.  cards are held separate by slots in the case.


caselr.jpg



dave c - what vesrion Gp32 do you have - nice case!

and I thought i was fussy with my GP32s :D

sPaCe :ph34r:

p.s. send us a close up of your smc - the stickers are so cool [zipping up anorak]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

DaveC

Internal Development
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
9,208
spaceboygp32x posted on Feb 26 2005 at 08:55 AM said:
DaveC posted on Feb 26 2005 at 06:19 AM said:
I keep everything in one case with the system.  this way you don't have to fiddle with plastic cases or sleeves and everything is quick to get to.  cards are held separate by slots in the case.


caselr.jpg



dave c - what vesrion Gp32 do you have - nice case!

and I thought i was fussy with my GP32s :D

sPaCe :ph34r:

p.s. send us a close up of your smc - the stickers are so cool [zipping up anorak]


I have a 180 MHz BLU with a glass screen that I got from Jr2Swiss and he got from Finty. I re-did the glass mod because the original glass was too thick and didn't fit right, and I replaced the frame that had a nick in it. I still have a 166 Mhz BLU which I was going to sell. I got all of the SMCs when they were cheap for $ 22.00 a piece.

I posted the vector based sticker file are here awhile ago. If you can find the thread you can download. You need to open and edit in a structured drawing program like Illustrator, Autocad etc. I used structured rather than bitmap because they print sharper.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

DaveC

Internal Development
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
9,208
onionfrog posted on Feb 26 2005 at 06:25 AM said:
I dont have as much space as you to carry around my gp32...
Damn thats alot of Smcs...
Do you have one for each emulated system?


For Genesis I have 3 cards dor that. I put C64 and Atari 800 on one card. NES and SMS on one card, Gameboy and GBC on one. And am still working on the others like PC-engine, Coleco etc.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

DaveC

Internal Development
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
9,208
Jarska333 posted on Feb 26 2005 at 05:48 PM said:
And a duster?  :blink:


Of course! Don't want any of that pesky DUST on my screen :p

Ok, so I really am ill, forgive me :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jarska333

What do you want?
Joined
Nov 10, 2004
Messages
3,606
Location
Sovjet Finland
Website
Visit site
Oh no, that actually is a good idea. It does nothing for fingerprints, however. Cloths used to clean flatscreen displays work very well for GP32, in that regard... Wet cloth and dry cloth, separately packed. Disposable stuff, you might have seen them.
Is that a paintbrush or similar, actually? Sleeve of my shirt leaves annoying marks on the screen...
 

DaveC

Internal Development
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
9,208
Jarska333 posted on Feb 26 2005 at 06:45 PM said:
Oh no, that actually is a good idea. It does nothing for fingerprints, however. Cloths used to clean flatscreen displays work very well for GP32, in that regard... Wet cloth and dry cloth, separately packed. Disposable stuff, you might have seen them.
Is that a paintbrush or similar, actually? Sleeve of my shirt leaves annoying marks on the screen...


FINGERPRINTS!!!!!!?! on the GP32 screen? NEVER! how anyone would suggest that I would touch my screen with greasy "pizza paws" is Blasphemy! :D

Seriously I really don't touch the screen so i don't get prints. It will get a bit grimy from other stuff in the air so I will just wash it down with windex once in awhile. It is glass so it doesnt scratch easy.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top