How do I contribute to the SuperZaxxon (Pandora OS)?

vinipsmaker

Website
vinipsmaker.github.io
I've been trying to contribute to SuperZaxxon for approximately 3 months now (proof) and my most recent patch didn't get a single comment for days. I've been trying different communication channels and I've been failing to identify who has commit access to the official git repos.

Is the project (SuperZaxxon) dead? What is the appropriate way to send contributions? Who has commit access to the official git repos?

All this difficult discourages people to contribute.

I think it is one problem that may be solved before speaking of Pyra and its firmware.

What is the best way (easiest) to contribute for Pandora ?

What are the tools and docs all contributors need ?

etc ...

Is the project (SuperZaxxon) dead?
Nope.
What is the appropriate way to send contributions?
Pretty much what you did. A pull request is a good way. But then, instead of ranting, get to talk to the team on irc. Explain what it fix, and why a new SZ version is requiered with theses patches. It's pretty much like any floss project. the project team have to trust you somewhat to accept your code...
Who has commit access to the official git repos?
Pretty much the whole "team". That make ED, aTc, notaz for the active guys, there are a few others in the list too that are way less active now.

What is the appropriate way to send contributions?
Pretty much what you did.
If this painful path is the "right way", I'll avoid contributions after my current Unicode patches.

A pull request is a good way. But then, instead of ranting, get to talk to the team on irc. Explain what it fix, and why a new SZ version is requiered with theses patches.
I've been trying IRC almost daily asking "hey, do you have commit access... and you... and you?" (not exactly in these words).

It's pretty much like any floss project.
No, it is not.

In other projects you send a message to a mailing list at any time in the day. You're not forced to a particular timezone on the IRC channel to comunicate with any official members. Other projects have a clear guideline of how to contribute and what patches they won't accept in advance (incorrect coding style, the project mission, ...).

I cannot even fill a bug on the bugtracker.

Who has commit access to the official git repos?
Pretty much the whole "team". That make ED, aTc, notaz for the active guys, there are a few others in the list too that are way less active now.
Thanks, I'll try them.

And aTc rejected this info.

No I mean this one if its not the same one anyway: http://openpandora.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/firmware-dev
It is the same and your link doesn't work for me. I get a SSL error followed by a "The mailing list firmware-dev is not associated with any Virtualmin domain" error.

Anyway, I am subscribed to this list. Not sure if I'll receive all emails, because I cannot access the web interface to customize my subscription.

And there is a message informing about the patch several days old on this list.

Back