How Did You Find Gp32

ThndrShk2k

The Awesome Guru
Website
Visit site
Yeah, just wondering how people got to the GP32 scene... it's basicly like i never was not in it or somthing XD

I found about it from www.dreamcast-scene.com 's Gp32->DC link

I just started to get into the GBA scene, got my 256 MBit cart and everything as they just released a decent SNES emu on it and someone happened to say
i cant belive that im seeing a snes game on my gba......i was thinking about buying a GP32 only for the snes emu
On this thread
http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtop...er=asc&start=15

So I did a lookup for GP32 and purchased one. :) As simple as that. You can thank that one person on the GBA forums for the obscure mention.

I was longing for some old-fashioned platformer gameplay but couldn't face playing emulators on my PC in the evening after being sat working at the thing all day every day. I decided to get a cheap Gameboy Color off ebay and while looking into the possibility of flash carts I stumbled across the GP32. A bit more research on the subject and I sent off my order....

BTW, whilst digging around for info on the GP32 I stumbled across a lot of pages on sites that contained reviews of the GP32 that in retrospect were a bit exaggerated - things like "Perfect Gameboy emulation!" and "Genesis emulation almost complete!". Personally I am more than happy with my GP32 but I can certainly see why the occasional "Where's the Genesis emu?" post crops up.

J(ohn)

I found out about it via a Computer Shopper html email newsletter. Amongst the news bulletins it had GP32 European release cancelled (this was prior to the whole Virgin saga). I clicked on the link and thought the system sounded awesome and did a google search and ended up on Craig’s page. His slightly exaggerated review completely sold me.

EDIT: Spellings!

Delsabre posted on Mar 8 2004 at 12:13 AM said:
I first saw the GP32 in an EGM article. I bought one soon after. :)
EGM had an article of it? you got a pic?

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone left a comment on ebuyer.com on the 128mb smart media's i was like gp32 what on earth is that ??!?! 4 days later it was ordered as it was like 6 days off my birthday

I can't remember exactly where I first heard about it (might of been insertcredit) but after some research, I lurked on Don Miguel's forums (pre-gp32x) for a while and mainly bought it for Gameboy & Spectrum emulation.

I was going to have a look at them at the ECTS 2002 show, but got there to late, so soon as I could when I got home I though "fuck it" and ordered one.

soon after it arrived GP Engine came out :D and everything since was a bonus.

I've since had to sell it though but am gonna get another real soon. First though I'm waiting to see how this OpenSnes GP32 vs Zodiac thing pans out.

Like TandeM i stumbled across it looking for a flash card for the gba. Read about the emu's and came across this community and never looked back. Sold the gba to fund my gp habit! Seriously if it wasn't for this community i'd never have bought one and it's the nature of the board that keeps it alive

Got a Bonus from Work, decided to get a GBA SP... did some research, and came across GP32 - possibly at GBAX... 24 hours later I'd ordered it from GBAX - brilliant!

TandeM posted on Mar 8 2004 at 07:12 AM said:
Stumbled across gbax.com while looking for flash carts last February...
I did the exact same thing! I was planning on buying a handheld, so I surfed GBAx for Flash Carts - read about the GP32, found out what software was available at the time. Decided that it wasn't the right time to get one, so I waited a year.

I'm glad I did, it's a very exciting time to be a GP32 user at the moment. All the programs in development, the competitions starting up again. I can't wait.

Thanks to GBAx.com for introducing an entire new breed of gamers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back