How Are You Going To Mod Your Pandora

tyicepaws

Still Fresh
Ok going to bleed of a liitle of the anger
I would like tograb a broken ds and mod it
onto the pandora taking both of the card bays
out and sodering them to the open spots
maybe run a copy of the ds os on a sd card

I think it would be easier to just attach a keyboard to the DS and call it a day. I'll bet you could get it done before the pandora starts shipping, so it's a win win win kinda thing. Get your money back, play DS and old school games, have it in the year 2010.

Well, by the time it arrives I assume I'll have gone transhuman and uploaded. Probably I'll have my Pandora retrofitted to interface with the hive mind as an external processing node.

I'll be the coolest sentient entity in the local processing sub-core! Sure, lots of transhumans, AIs, and chimeras will still claim vestigial ownership of some cool hardware, in fact, every programmable device on the planet will be re-purposed to serve as processing nodes for the hive mind, but how many of those nodes will have dual analog nubs, huh?

tyicepaws said:

I don't think you truly understand what's entailed in this.

In short, it's pretty much impossible.
also it's almost entirely pointless. Then you'd just have a DS.

Last edited by a moderator:
tyicepaws said:
I don't think it's impossible, but I wish you luck. :D

My first mod will likely be a custom paint job or something similar, later a custom case mod, but none of those will happen till I'm sure I can get a replacement case first (and even that won't happen till the factory gets their act together).

If it's possible at all I'd like to mod some analogue shoulder buttons

Once I adapt to using the Pandora's keyboard, I want to replace the keymat with a completely blank version. Not sure if I want to keep the glossy black or go for matte black.

Otherwise, I cannot think of anything I am brave enough to attempt on such an expensive piece of equipment.

VRAndy said:
Well, by the time it arrives I assume I'll have gone transhuman and uploaded. Probably I'll have my Pandora retrofitted to interface with the hive mind as an external processing node.

I'll be the coolest sentient entity in the local processing sub-core! Sure, lots of transhumans, AIs, and chimeras will still claim vestigial ownership of some cool hardware, in fact, every programmable device on the planet will be re-purposed to serve as processing nodes for the hive mind, but how many of those nodes will have dual analog nubs, huh?
+1
You... Wintermute!

Is "putting stickers on it" modding? ;)
That would be the only thing I could imagine doing to my Pandora... or not.

I won't modify it... If I decide to mod a Pandora, it will be a second batch...

Add some GPIO lines for use as logic analyzer.

One or two RS232 ports for communication with the millions of serial capable things we use at work (almost everything has a serial port on it here).

Might also do a dual-chan oscilloscope with the audio line-in.

DragonAX said:

One or two RS232 ports for communication with the millions of serial capable things we use at work (almost everything has a serial port on it here).

No need to mod any of these things. A bunch of GPIO lines which can be configured into up to three serial ports plus additional audio in are all on the EXT port. Just need for MWeston to sell us the plugs. :D

VRAndy said:

Cool is right! You'll have your own personal slow time zone!

Oh, and I think I'll be modifying the software first. Otherwise? Nub click functionality?

WizardStan said:
DragonAX said:

No need to mod any of these things. A bunch of GPIO lines which can be configured into up to three serial ports plus additional audio in are all on the EXT port. Just need for MWeston to sell us the plugs. :D

Ooooooo he better! :D

Back