How Are You Feeling Right Now?

are you COMPLETELY satisfied?

• Total voters

.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
Gruso said:
Poll options like "I think they slowed down the development after some post-hype intervals" are unfair and untrue.
I'll be honest with you, Gruso. This is actually the main problem I saw during all the project (and the reason for me to start the poll).
Lot's of promising news and sneak peeks for everyone to get hyped, craig and his team are simply masters when it comes to this. Then, a long hopeless period. It is frustrating, more than it is satisfying.
I knew it was going to take long and all, I knew the pre-preorders period had to be this way so people would bet on it... but it's been so many "hype-silence-hype" cycles that I for one am enough of. It's not simply a marketing strategy, it's also a two-edged sword.
Ah, I see where you're coming from. The way I read your wording, I thought you were implying that they slowed it down deliberately for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
paeryn said:
Hmm, I chose yes therefore the checkboxes were not required for my vote, but the board wouldn't let me submit that saying that I had to answer all parts.

I chose the "other reason" because I'm perfectly happy with how things are going - okay there have been stumbles along the way but we're not talking about a big company with past experience and money to throw at getting priority treatment from their suppliers.

I vote for Craig receiving a knighthood if they manage to get the Pandora out by the end of the year! (And ED, MWeston et al receiving whatever their country's equivalent is.)
+1

Shaun. said:
Come on, it can't be possible that the majority of people honestly beleive that a 12 month delay is satisfactory.
The other way of looking at it: The majority of people understand why it's taken so long. I'm surprised the poll is leaning that way too, but I think it's really good.

Gruso said:
Shaun. said:
Come on, it can't be possible that the majority of people honestly beleive that a 12 month delay is satisfactory.
The other way of looking at it: The majority of people understand why it's taken so long. I'm surprised the poll is leaning that way too, but I think it's really good.
i expect there is a certain sense that the people who are still sticking around are the ones willing to wait, which is the majority but the results may be skewed as those unwilling to wait have already gone!

I'm surprised at the number of people who voted that they were satisfied. I'm happy that it's moving onto completetion and I'm prepared to wait, but I think that their estimates were a little optimistic, even including the bank/CC problems.

i think people are understandably frustrated by the wait, but in a great many ways, i think i am getting a vastly superior product to the one i was expecting a year ago. it looks better, its going to work better and be more usable, its gonna need far less faffing around than it would have done then. it feels like we are getting a more realised product now rather than just an idea on a box.

I am starting to think that we are all part of a social experiment to determine how long the average tech consumer will hold on for a new product before losing faith.

Sugar_Kane said:
I am starting to think that we are all part of a social experiment to determine how long the average tech consumer will hold on for a new product before losing faith.

This crossed my mind once or twice too.

Right now I don't feel much. I'm not excited or hopeful. Not angry or anything like that. It's just a void of emptiness. I check the forums- I see a new video and think "Okay, cool......." but no emotions really.

Craig & Co, Do something.

Yesssss, for all the capitalizing.

Honestly, I´m patient.
Maybe little bit like rOOtwOOt - I don´t fell much.
No need to rush and no feelings of suspicion or distrust on my side.
It´s done when it´s done ^^
Greetings

shodan

Gruso said:
Shaun. said:
The other way of looking at it: The majority of people understand why it's taken so long.
I count myself among those. :p (So my vote is "Yes/Other Reason")

RenegadeChic said:
i think i am getting a vastly superior product to the one i was expecting a year ago.

Thing is, I'd rather have had an inferior product 6 months ago than a so-called 'perfect' product in another ?? months time! Perfection is all, of course, open to interpretation.

Prometheus said:
Gruso said:
Shaun. said:
The other way of looking at it: The majority of people understand why it's taken so long.
I count myself among those. :p (So my vote is "Yes/Other Reason")
Me too. I'm inclined to vote "not COMPLETELY satisfied", because I don't have a pandora in my hands right now, but on the other hand I am competely satisfied on how the pandora crew have handled the project. Because no one has a consumer model pandora yet, I'll leave the former point out of my consideration and vote "Yes/Other".

I'd rather wait for Pandora to be... ready[sup][sup]![/sup][/sup] than to get some half-baked box that freezes every two seconds. Look what happened with Vista!

Shaun. said:
To the contrary a great many of us realize the level of effort and facts of life taking such bumps in the road as inevitable parts of the process and accept them as reality rather than getting needlessly frustrated or angry.

Sphinxter said:
a great many of usmost of us who still bother to populate the forums realize the level of effort and facts of life taking such bumps in the road as inevitable parts of the process and accept them as reality rather than getting needlessly frustrated or angry.

Fixed for accuracy's sake...

Pleng said:
Sphinxter said:
a great many of usmost of us who still bother to populate the forums realize the level of effort and facts of life taking such bumps in the road as inevitable parts of the process and accept them as reality rather than getting needlessly frustrated or angry.

Fixed for accuracy's sake...
Point taken.

Personally, I'm feeling kinda hungry. I'm out of hot dog buns and mustard, but have a whole bunch of hot dogs waiting to be fried up. I don't really have any good snacks in the house ATM. I'm also feeling a little annoyed, because summer's almost half gone and I haven't done much with my time. Oh well.

So yeah. that's how I'm feeling. Now I gotta find something to eat.

(Make better topic names next time.)

Im feeling quite cordial actually. :D
I have a feeling that sometime soon its going to be information overload and before we know it.Pandoras here and everyone is happy

I have a growing level of impatience, but it only manifests when I partake of these forums. The rest of the time I'm too busy lusting after and tinkering with a billion and one other gadgets. Still, the Pandora and its ilk are really catching my eye at the moment- particularly with the Nokia N810 going for about £150 brand new... *cries* if only I had cash to widdle away on gadget fancies... and trousers with more pockets.

Back