Release Hotfix 6 Final released!

I tried caanoo sd card,it's the same result.

The way i format the sandisk card is put it in the computer internal card reader then to my computer then right click on removeable disk J,which where the card is then select format brings up the menu screen for format then selct fat32default then select quick format and press ok to fully format.

Actually few seconds ago i just formatted with sd formatter 2.0 version let's see how it goes but you have newer version,if mine one gives problem,i will try your version.

Meanwhile i'm reinstalling fw again,i will let you know how it goes.

By formatting it with sd formatter 2.0 it froze again,now i will try with 3.1 version with full erase before i did quick format.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we should be back on the other thread, avoiding polluting this one ;^).

Haven't read the last dozen pages or so, so forgive me if this has been mentioned, but I think I've found a bug. I was playing today, wound down the batery to 20% and it initiated the shut down. I cancelled the shut down, it shut down anyway. This is bad for two reasons. First because it shut down even when I told it I knew what I was doing (I still had an hour and a half battery life). Second, my first warning is at 10% and shutdown isn't supposed to happen until 5%. Why did it initiate shutdown at 20%?

Okay, they allow redistribution. ;)

Just realized there's a note for some Ralink firmwares in /lib/firmware :

Copyright © 2007, Ralink Technology Corporation

All rights reserved.

Redistribution. Redistribution and use in binary form, without

modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are

met:

* Redistributions must reproduce the above copyright notice and the

following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials

provided with the distribution.

* Neither the name of Ralink Technology Corporation nor the names of its

suppliers may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this

software without specific prior written permission.

* No reverse engineering, decompilation, or disassembly of this software

is permitted.

Limited patent license. Ralink Technology Corporation grants a world-wide,

royalty-free, non-exclusive license under patents it now or hereafter

owns or controls to make, have made, use, import, offer to sell and

sell ("Utilize") this software, but solely to the extent that any

such patent is necessary to Utilize the software alone, or in

combination with an operating system licensed under an approved Open

Source license as listed by the Open Source Initiative at

http://opensource.org/licenses. The patent license shall not apply to

any other combinations which include this software. No hardware per

se is licensed hereunder.

DISCLAIMER. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND

CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING,

BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND

FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE

COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,

INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING,

BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS

OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND

ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR

TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE

USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH

DAMAGE.

Is this fw mwssed up or something because it's giving so many problems.

The screen blank issue is big problem and it won't be solved,the screen will keep on switching off.

Is this fw mwssed up or something because it's giving so many problems.

The screen blank issue is big problem and it won't be solved,the screen will keep on switching off.
If it won't be solved, would you care to explain why it was solved with this very Hotfix by adding a menu option to turn it off or on?

I don't get it i even installed hotfix5,it's doing the same with that,what is going on with these firmware.

There are all doing the same,when you open the terminal and opens a new screen to input new data to solve the screen blank problem when you save the file and reboot the system,it freezes on release 1-zaxxon screen with all fw,how can this be solved.

Pandora is gone useless for me,so i'm using caanoo instead atleast the screen doesn't turn off.

So is there any option to leave screen on all the time.

Yes. It's in the menu in Hotfix 6, and in Hotfix 5 it can be disabled by editing a text file, which people have instructed you on previously, before you proclaimed that their help was boring to read.

This not a joke,because i'm really annoyed with this system,it's always having new problems but now this.

The edit text file you on about i have already done that,it doesn't work.

Are you on about the a screen opens through terminal and have to input some info after endsection.

I'm sorry that you're annoyed with the system. However, nobody else seems to be encountering the problems you keep mentioning, so it hardly seems fair to say that the system keeps having problems. I don't know what you mean when you say that it is not a joke - nobody has insinuated that it is.

I'm finding it very difficult to understand what it is you're saying, but I'm guessing you're asking if I'm referring to the instructions you were given before to edit a text file via the terminal? If so, then yes, that is what I'm talking about.

If the file in Hotfix 5 isn't edited correctly, it will render the Pandora unable to start up a graphical environment, but that was easily fixed. If it's done nothing at all, then it cannot have been edited at all. At any rate, it's moot as of Hotfix 6, since Hotfix 6 adds a simple menu option to deactivate screen-blanking.

I enter this in the edit file:

Section "ServerFlags"

Option "BlankTime" "0"

EndSection

then i save the file and exit the file.

Then reboot.

After this it comes to angstrom screen and freezes.

That means that the instructions have been followed incorrectly.

As was stated in the instructions, you must add the correct amount of spaces or tabs where they are required (I'm afraid that I can't recall which of the two it was at this particular moment in time, as it was quite some time ago that I applied this to my own Pandora), or else the Pandora will be left unable to start a graphical environment.

But as I said, Hotfix 6 solves the issue anyway. :p

This is the edit text file i used to use everytime and it worked fine.

I will give you the info where this is from:

Okay, for the screensaver switching the screen off, you'll need these links if you want it gone, if you haven't already removed that feature/bug.

http://boards.openpa...f4-screensaver/ (the first post to mention this issue since HF4. Also contains a cartoon of pure quality the board wont let be linked)

http://www.gp32x.de...post__p__919648 (The fix for this screenblanking issue and help for if you get it wrong and cant reboot)

Recreated below here:

sudo mousepad /etc/X11/xorg.conf from the terminal.

add the following lines to the bottom of the file but you need to copy the way the other lines are layed out already in this file. With tabbing and spacing.

Section "ServerFlags"

Option "BlankTime" "0"

EndSection

It will look more like this:

Section "ServerFlags"

Option "BlankTime" "0"

EndSection

Then save the file and exit the file.

Then reboot.

FWIW Wizstan, my pandora shuts itself down at %12 without warning. Just off it goes.

Oh really that's bad.

Does that happen with other firmwares.

Do you know how the screen blank issue can be stopped,the edit text file is not working anymore.

Do you know how the screen blank issue can be stopped,the edit text file is not working anymore.
As has been said many times, as of HotFix6, There. Is. A. Menu. Option.

Press the Pandora button, choose the "Settings" menu near the top, and then "LCD-Settings".

A window will pop up. The very last option says "Enable/Disable screen blanking". Use it to enable or disable the screen blanking. It appears there may be a tiny bug however: I've noticed it will give an error if Midori is running. If you try to run LCD-Settings and get an error, close everything (especially Midori) and try again.

FWIW Wizstan, my pandora shuts itself down at %12 without warning. Just off it goes.
Does it initiate the shutdown sequence and close everything cleanly, or does it just die as if the battery runs out?

Back