Hey, where do downloads go on pandora?

char

Just got my pandora in the mail last week. Ive been reading a lot on this terrific site on how to get started. I have basic knowledge of Linux and emulating since I have a dingoo and gcw. Obviously this is a little different. This may seem like a possibly curious question, but when you download something off the web on your pandora what folder does it go to? I've been transferring over via USB flash drive. Works well enough though. I have t read anything about this or found anything so I thought I would ask. Also I have sd cards do I also make the same sub directories like app and menu on both?

Ok but how about my question regarding the browser save directory?

Downloads go where you save them :p

What browser are you using? Whatever browser it is: you should be able to set the default download-directory in the settings or set it to ask where to download to every time. Also sometimes you can right-click a file in the download list and open the the corresponding folder.

If you want to download .PNDs I would suggest you get the "PNDManager" from the repo and use that to manage everything. (Note that it doesn't show the few commercial .PNDs that are in the repo though)

As per F_Slim, depends on the browser - by default, most of them will have their own particular location (usually somewhere in their appdata folder) - so change it in the preferences to something like 'always ask' so you get the option to choose location when downloading.

It would be on the sd card tho correct? Nt to the pandora itself. I use Firefox

@char - Yes.

Somewhere like: /media/SDCARD/pandora/appdata/firefox_hdonk

note: SDCARD is the name of your SD Card, and it may not actually be firefox_hdonk, but something every similar. I don't have my Pandora right next to me to verify.

In Firefox go to Edit->Preferences, then on the first tab ('General') you should see an option 'Save files to...'. That will tell you where your browser downloads go to, and let you change the value should you want.

Wow that ka for quick response guys. This is great. I love this thing. I plan on learning as much as I can!

I would recommend not to have the same folder structure on both sd cards. While this is sometimes useful in special cases it is not in normal operation. You will most likely end up with having different versions of the same pnd on both cards. This can lead to strange results if you run the older version without noticing.

Back