Hey All, Been Awhile!

Akuma no Houkon

Certified Guru
Website
akuma.gp32news.com
Remember me? Yeah some of you do!

Anyway, in about a month I will find myself with a large amount of free time and I was thinking about getting back into GP development (and even release a game or two that I finished for the original GP32 and didnt release).

Trouble is money is tight right now, I see some decent ads in the marketplace, I might try and sell some items on ebay and grab one, anyway I will let you all know if I manage to pick myself up a new GP anytime soon :)

I have asked about you in the past, I'm REALLY glad you came back. You had some fun addictive games released in the past. I don't know why but im really excited! Best of luck!

I remember you buddy :)

Remember that one time we got drunk on guard duty and let the elephants out for a walk? Boy did we get in trouble... and that time we hired the strippers for BringOutTheGimps Bar Mitzvah!! Heh, that rabbi was not impressed... ahhh good times... good times.... :lol:

wait a minute... that wasnt you? :blink:

Of course I do remember your great games for the gp32 though. :) Welcome back!

Booya, I wondered where you want during the GP32 days :) Electronia severely rocked! Welcome back!

Yeah I remember you. We were talking about a menu replacement for the GP32. That is pretty much handled like that with GMenu2X on the GP2X now. I don't use the GP32 much anymore now that I have the GP2X but I liked your games for the GP32. Welcome back.

Your site is down...

The main site wasnt mine, it was being hosted by a site that is now gone

Yeah I remember you. We were talking about a menu replacement for the GP32. That is pretty much handled like that with GMenu2X on the GP2X now. I don't use the GP32 much anymore now that I have the GP2X but I liked your games for the GP32. Welcome back.

Yeah I remember that.

Welcome back! Hope you manage to get back on the GP bandwagon - it's proving quite a ride at the moment biggrin.gif

I have asked about you in the past, I'm REALLY glad you came back. You had some fun addictive games released in the past. I don't know why but im really excited! Best of luck!

Yeah, I moved to a different state, had a new kid, and built a house, I ran out of free time to work on homebrew. But now I am in a situation where I will have an abundance of free time and I want to port my GP32 games to the GP2X, including my unreleased game (that I find better than all the rest) and start on a new project, but I need to get money together for a GP2X first. I was thinking about setting up a paypal for possible donations, but I have asked other communities for donations in the past (to keep many of my free projects going) without results.

Anyway, is there a good GP2X emulator (for Linux) like GeePee32 was for the GP32? I might try and get started with a port...

No, there is no gp2x emulator... Anyways, I believe Squidge was working on one some months ago...

I'm considerably new to the scene, so I don't remember you, but all this makes me all excited! Wish you good luck with your future-gp2x!

Akuma no Houkon said:
Anyway, is there a good GP2X emulator (for Linux) like GeePee32 was for the GP32? I might try and get started with a port...
Well, Squidge is working on one. However, the GP2X pretty much fully supports SDL so you can easily port the game to SDL for the PC and then at a later date, recompile it for the GP2X.

You may also want to take a look at rlyeh's minimal library for the GP2X if you prefer going low level.

Last edited by a moderator:
yaustar said:
Well, Squidge is working on one. However, the GP2X pretty much fully supports SDL so you can easily port the game to SDL for the PC and then at a later date, recompile it for the GP2X.
The only problem with that is I hate SDL with a passion. Telling a media lib to execute code in another media lib is redundant. I prefer to access the real lib directly without the added overhead. Even if it means platform specific code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back