Emulated Depression

calqlater

Still Fresh
Website
schmarty.net
I've been enjoying the living crap out of my GP2X. Love it to death. Decided to pick up the imminently enjoyable Zelda GBC games Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons to enjoy on the new release of the gnuboy emulator.

Much progress was made into Oracle of Seasons, until I reached the Skull Dungeon, wherein is a speed puzzle. This puzzle requires you to pull a lever in order to solidify some lava, then to run across the hardened terrain before it turns back into liquid death. I remember passing this room in the GBC version, easily, but the controls for gp2x gnuboy have left Link dissolving in a pool of molten rock more times than I care to think about.

Here's hoping that diagonals are supported in the next gnuboy release :)

All in all, this is actually a pretty minor gripe. I am loving the gp2x to the MAX!!!
Mega thanks to all of the devs for making these games possible. Hopefully when I get some free time I can get into devving for this device, myself.

Yup, and with crystal sound soon ^^

Edit: I just noticed, it seems that's not the latest version, there are being some problems with the downloads system, I hope it'll be fixed soon.

Status update:
Gnuboy2x now uses hardware scaling (thanks rlyeh) to fill the entire screen (if you want... you can use the gb native resolution too)
The sound isn't perfect yet, i only said that i had a version with perfect sound, but the screen wasn't.
Btw, scaled or not, the emulation speed is the same :D

Back