GP32 Here are some lame screenshots

Rico

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
dblade.png

dblade2.png

Looks bad, I know ... but the fact it's working after two physics code rewrites is happiness for me :D

Is tha just the night of the ninja engine upgraded, and are you going to make that game free?

Man, that game looks great!! I can't even code a big black box to come on the screen of the GP32, let alone create something that elaborate. :D

Copy the gameplay of Ninja Spirit for TG-16.

Seriously, it's the most enjoyable ninja game EVER. Copy what they did and build off that.

i think that shit looks awesome.. i loved revenge of shinobi, shadow dancer, etc. etc. this looks to be cut of the same mold!!

exciting!

He's yet to do animations, and need to fix bugs in that map. His fps is quite smooth tho.

I've got a platformer on the way tho, but every 20 minutes the source gets broken, cos im adding stuff all the time. So if you want a test ask me on irc, on msn if im on.

One thing i forgot to do is culling, cos the fps is dispicable (10-20 fps eww) cos is drawing every tile hehe.

Does anyone know how the nice paralax scroll effect is done? like your effect rico. i think its something to do with modulus of x, or something like that.

All you have to do is scroll different sets of tiles at different rates depending on how far into the distance they're supposed to be.

So if you're baseing the scroll_x value off of Player_x then you'd scroll the first layer (the one you're standing on) with scroll_x, and the layer behind that scroll_x / 2, and then scroll_x / 4 for the layer behind again.

Dividing might slow down the gp32 though, so you might need to do it another way.

No the screenshots don't look lame Rico, they look very very nice. Nice stylish 2d platformer in good old tradition! Keep up the great work!

All you have to do is scroll different sets of tiles at different rates depending on how far into the distance they're supposed to be.

So if you're baseing the scroll_x value off of Player_x then you'd scroll the first layer (the one you're standing on) with scroll_x, and the layer behind that scroll_x / 2, and then scroll_x / 4 for the layer behind again.

Dividing might slow down the gp32 though, so you might need to do it another way.
just scroll them by set pixel increments: 1 (near), 2 (mid), 4 (mid-rear), and 8 (rear) or similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks really nice, i think people will play just from the screenshots alone

(unlike my game which no-one has bothered playing, or those that have couldn't even get past the 1st level!) :(

Yes, copy Ninja Spirit EXACTLY, then build off that. The gameplay is far more enjoyable than the rigid Shinobi titles.

Thanks stickofjoy...

Erm, it's by iRem, what do you expect. Looks like the game is similar, but I'm not doing non-stop fighting - Tenchi style missions as well. However I'll grab a ROM and get back to you later...

Thanks stickofjoy...

Erm, it's by iRem, what do you expect. Looks like the game is similar, but I'm not doing non-stop fighting - Tenchi style missions as well. However I'll grab a ROM and get back to you later...
you mean Tenchu? Tenchi is a cool anime though :) hehe

if i can help you at all.. let me know.. looks so fun!

Back