Help!

GP32 Kirby

Website
Visit site
My brother was checkin my email account for me earlier tonight, and opened a strange email with it's attatchment without letting me know... now copen some programs and i cant even get access to my task manager as it keeps closing!! I tried installing norton antivirus to see if i can find if it may be a virus, it wont let me - i am unable to install anything at all! :( The email was sent by someone with the email address of emuanuel@gehin.net, the subject title of the email is MARGENWIDTH, and the attatchment which may be the virus and cause of all this is "Jb.scr"

If anyone can help me then please help! :(

Dont work.. :( :(

I just found the attachment also has a similar filename (for some reason) and another attatchment is included with it.. i now have a Jbxf.scr and the other attatchment is mac-ad[10].htm..

Download and install AVG Antivirus Free edition from www.grisoft.com. Its what i use and it has saved me and friends on numerous occations and i am 99.9% it will help you out.

You have to sign up with a valid email address and you don`t get technical support. But, It is free and its the best antivirus software i`ve ever used.

Trooper

Ok the way to get rid of it is to get into windows (hit ctrl alt del when startup runs to stop the program closing it down) and go to http://housecall.antivirus.com/ and that will do an online virus scan.

The problem is that it prob has set itsup up in the registry. I use the cleaner cause that detects alot of viruses and non viruses that nortons wont.

if u wanna try it go to www.moosoft.com

:ph34r:

Nin - I tried what you said and it reboots my comp :unsure: also i tried the virus scanner that you asked me to use before you suggested it in the first place :(

Trooper: I've found out i have a virus on my computer now i have AVG, but i cannot remove it - it detects the virus when on auto "resident" mode but when i scan my disc it apparently cannot open/check any files that are probably infected, and i cannot open AVG for windows to remove the virus..

If it helps, the virus is called "I-Worm/Klez.H" and is located in several files and executables now (including MSN, which i wasnt able to run before i realized i had a virus, so that should explain it). Any other suggestions?

GO to that norton anti-virus site, and d/l the klez removal tool, AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY! Klez is a very dangerous virus

After your PC is clean, install AdAware 6 with AdWatch. AdWatch blocks popups and prevents spyware from running or even installing itself on your computer. It also watches and stops ANYTHING from modifying the registry without your approval. It should prevent viruses like this.

kill me2 posted on Jul 25 2003 said:
GO to that norton anti-virus site, and d/l the klez removal tool, AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY! Klez is a very dangerous virus
agreed, this is the only way to remove klez

however, if you run the machine too long with klez in place, when you remove klez, you'll probably find that windows has been corrupted to hell, and will need a reinstall (you might get away with a repair if its xp)

but you wont find this out until you've removed klez in safe mode (thats what the instructions will tell you to do)

Last edited by a moderator:
I still cant install norton antivirus...

"Error 1920. Service 'navapsvc' (navapsvc) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services"

What does that mean, and how can I stop that "error" from happening??

You're using XP and your not assigned as a system administrator, that's what's wrong. You can change through the control panel but you have to be logged on as admin, which maybe someone else in your house?

This is my computer, so I am probably the admin as there are no log on names, only me..

Argh f*** it, I cant get around this virus, it's making things worse and I cant activate Javascript now (what I need to download the virus definitions on the norton website). Is it possible just to simply back up my (uninfected) files and let my computer go through a recovery system so i can start a fresh (hopefully) without any virus intact?

..and by recover my system i mean reformat the hard drive so it reverts to what it originally was when I first had the comp with windows XP on it

you should back up the files you really need, and reformat the harddrive...after reinstalling windows, get adaware and zone alarm pro, use zap to block email viruses, popups, bad cookies, and hackers....use adaware to get rid of the spyware..

Back