Help! Windows keeps eating my copypasta!

Blue Protoman

As of late, almost every time I copy something with Ctrl+C, when I paste it a moment later, nothing has been showing up, effectively killing the clipboard! It's not the C key. Happens when I cut with X as well. Using the context menu isn't any better. I'm using Windows XP. Any tips?

This isn't a Pandora, you know. :p And if I had that option, I'd be using Linux instead.

What programs do you have running? If you're using word 2003 or later it will actually control the clipboard on its own. If its open, or any of its microsoft office suite are open, kill them and restart. IME this clears its clipboard out and cntrl C / V should work again

I have a portable version of Microsoft Word, but I'm not currently using it, and I hardly do. I don't have any other office suites (not even Libre or Open Office; Word Portable is smaller, which is what I need right now).

As of late, almost every time I copy something with Ctrl+C, when I paste it a moment later, nothing has been showing up, effectively killing the clipboard! It's not the C key. Happens when I cut with X as well. Using the context menu isn't any better. I'm using Windows XP. Any tips?

First clear the Clipboard go to Start/Run and type clipbrd. Go up to Edit and choose Delete. Now try copying something either with a right click or CTRL+C and the paste. if CRTL+V doesn't work try right clicking and pasting.

ctrl - insert / shift - insert is where it's at!

But yea, as already mentioned try clearing the clipboard every now and again.

Back