Still No Success!

StarBuck

Still Fresh
Hmmm... this doesn't appear to be as easy as I'd initially hoped, in all honesty -

I've set up the Windows Dev-Kit (gp2xsdk_windows.zip), but when I copy and paste example code from the Wiki, I get all kinds of messages telling me I'm missing libraries and all kinds of stuff!

Can anyone, please (!!!) just gimme a quick run-down of how to get something working on my GP2X? It's actually turning out to be a fairly useless exercise in demo development at the moment, as I needed something I could knock up quick game demos on for my employer, but due to the fragmented nature of the documentation and the multiple different set-ups of dev-kits and operating systems, it's proving far more hassle than it should be...

Anyone??

:blink:

p.s. I'm using DEV C++... :)

The directory paths for the libs and headers files may be preconfigured to a specific location. You may need to change it.

I think there is a guide on the wiki on setting this up

I followed that guide, and it mostly set everything up for me correctly, but I had a couple problems which I sorted out on these boards . . . however, I cannot remember what they were and what the solutions were, sorry

Personally I would download the GP2X devkit, SDL libs etc, from the download page on this site. Also try CodeBlocks and follow the guide on this forum (and the wiki). CodeBlocks is pretty good and after some teething problems setting up the envir. it seems to work well =D

Have you tried the latest nightly builds of CodeBlocks, they have some interesting features such as same file split file allowing you to look at the file at different places art once. :). Code completion is a little buggy though ..

Back