Help W/ Pinball Dreams

tattooman

Website
Visit site
I finally got my GP32 USB cable thanks to Jaw. I am using Slubman's frimware as now since it's fast and slick, anyways I have the plugin installed to play comcercial games. Also, I have the Euro firmware as an fxe file just in case.

To make sure the uSB cable was working i use the Phdrive built in teh firmware and I can copy files and windows sees it as a mass storage device no problems. I could not get the pc-link in the euro firmware to work but did get the pc-link from dark fader to work just fine with the gp manager I installed from Gamepark and then downloaded gpreg.exe and registed my gp32 with the same user name and password as I did on game parks website and it said it was successfull, paid 7 bucks for pinball dreams and sued the gp32 manager to install it fine no errors. So now using the plugin or the eruo frimare.fxe it either says lauch failed or the sreen just flashed or reboots. Am I doing some tihng wrong as I loved the demo and really wanted to play the full version of the game. Any help would be great!!!!!

Hmm, if I remember correctly, it does not work in slubmans fw... just get another fw as .fxe (try yafl or gposx, etc.) and run these in Slubmans fw. Then try to run PDreams in that fw...

I mean do I need to flash back to another firmware to register my GP32 and then flash back to watever firmware I want after that?

Here is an update of what I have tired. I down loaded firmware.fxe from Game Park and flashed it, this time I got the PC-Link working and used gpreg.exe and it worked fine as well, then I even used the GP manager to install PDGame.zpk and still with the euro firmware when I start it the screen just blinks and it will not load. I would think it would be this hard to play a comcercial game. If any one else ahs ahd this problem or been able to get this to work any help would be great, thanks....

Have you tried extracting the ZPK manually (with FPK extractor) and copying the files using phodrive (or gpdrive) on your SMC?

EvilDragon posted on Jul 22 2005 at 11:48 AM said:
Have you tried extracting the ZPK manually (with FPK extractor) and copying the files using phodrive (or gpdrive) on your SMC?

Correct, that is the first thing that I did try that and I checked Game Park's website and it says I am registered. i emailed them so we will be any if any one hs further ieads would be fine as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just posted to Game Parks ShoppingMall Q/A but you have to be registered to write/view posts so below is the following that I posted to Game Park:

I just pruchased Pinball Dreams and ran gpreg.exe many times and it completed to register my GP32. However, when I go to the Authentication Center, it says I need to register even though I have done this many times. Can you please helpas I would like to play the game I just pruchased, thank you...
Update:
I checked the Authentication Center and it was the follow:
ID : tattooman
Authentication status : The authentication ID of GP32 of costome is registered
So I thought I would try to download the game again now that it shows I am registed but now under my order it is greyed out and it will not let me download the game like it has been. It says the following:
GP32 Auth ID is different
I purchased my GP32 off Ebay and it was previously registed but I thought that registering it again should get rid of the old ones. Please help as I really want to play this game and if it works, I plan on buying others...

I will update and let you all know how it turned out so that if any one out there does deside to buy games from them that they hopefully won't ahve to go through what I did.

tekt5 posted on Jul 22 2005 at 05:50 PM said:
he said that he already tried it through the euro firmware as an fxe

Oh, sorry, didn`t read the whole post. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I have emailed game park 2 times and registered by GP32 again and still nogo, waiting to hear back form them. I don't mind being out the 7 bucks but it will be a real shame if the game won't be able to work. I understand they want to control piracy but they need to have a better way to buy their games directly as I would have paid more to get the SMC version of it...

EDIT:

My Final words on this topic...

Well Game Park has not responded back to me 3 emails or message board. I registered by GP32 again and I could donwlaod Pinball dreams but it will not play. It's a shame that Game Park has really bad customer support. I have spent too much time trying to get this game to work and unless Game Park emails me back I am not worried about losing 7 dallars plus Alien and Devil Crush for PC-Engine are really good Pinball Games and that will be fine. iF MAGICALLY It Game Park responds back then I will u[pdate this page, fopr know I would stick wiht the SMC verson of games or maybe some one iwll make an Amiga emulators to play the origonal Pinball Dreams on for the GP32.

Pinball Dreams plays pretty nice on OpenSNES9x. ;)

EDIT: Oh, and I would assume you'd have to purchase the game again in order for the correct registration to be in the zpk file. I'm not sure, but I think that what you'd have to do.

Back