Help Using Geepee Emulator. Please?

T

TelcoLou

I'm here at work, kicking myself for not bringing my GP32 with me. I just D/L'd Gigas Engine, and wanted to try it out using GeePee emulator (build 24 - PUBLIC). It will run any .fxe, but when I start up Gigas Engine, it looks for all the .raw files and spits out an error message, "Error sizing tiles.raw ... Press B to continue"

I press B, and a slew of similar messages pop up. Is there a way I can run Gigas Engine using the emulator? You see, I've become paranoid about carrying around my GP32, and would like very much to use Gigas Engine on the emulator.

Thank you in advance :)

Edit: I'm using the fw157e firmware

You need to use something called "MakeSMC" that you can get from firefly's site. It's supposed to make a .smc file, which contains all the files you need. After that, in GeePee32, goto File->Open->SMC, then File->Open->Fxe and select Gigas engine.

Only problem is that I've never gotten MakeSMC to work....

Thanks muchly!! I'm trying it now...

"error occured : could not create file" over and over and over ... and over. :(

LOL

Ok, I was able to make the .smc file ... but WTF?? It's 132MB!

the gigas.fxe file and the gigas folder (with all the .dat files) together only comes out to 2.71MB

Well anyway, I go to File>Load>SMC and load it (I guess it loads, the screen stays black) then I go to File>Load>FXE and load the gigas.fxe and the same issues "Error opening XXXX.raw"

Back