GP32 Emulator

OldSchoolGamer

Still Fresh
I've got GEEPEE Emulator AND fw100k.bin in same folder but when I run emulator a window comes up saying "Error loading firmware file etc" it say's it can't find it but I know it's there!!! plaease help I've tried everything! I just want to run some emulated demos before I splash out cash (I'm a poor student) on the hardware, because I'm thinking about the new Gameboy Advance and Flash Linker (great games Support) but GP32
has such great emulation possibilities.............. :blink:

Hey, what's up. I don't know what the problem can be. If you have the latest version of GeePee32 and have the correct firmware downloaded from darkfader.net and renamed properly.... it should work.

One thing I must mention.. emulator performance will not be 100% in the emulator.. some games too won't be 100%.

I've mentioned this to other people, so I'll just give the summed up version:

GBA: tons of commercial games, large dev community, but limited hardware which means most of the homebrew dev is short demos or useless things.

GP32: few commercial games, most of which are in korean, but a dedicated development community that have exploited the hardware to do things not possible on the GBA. If you want to program something, gp32 is the way to go. GBA emulation was *just* demonstrated, so nobody knows for sure how good it could get.

What's your main focus? Playing new commercial games, emulated retro games? Deving (by far the coolest thing ;).

It depends on what you want.

I guess my focus is to have the handheld that in the end will provide the best gaming experiece, I enjoy older 8 and 16 bit games also. Let's face it, a Gameboy Advance with Flash Linker kit would allow me to download all the GBA games I want but on the other hand GamePark (in theory, if I can figure it out) would allow great emulation and access for PC Engine/Snes/Genesis etc, I'm torn betwwen the two! Anyway, I got the firmware from the place you mentioned, renamed it but still same problem with Emulator! It shouldn't matter I'm running Windows XP should it? :huh:
And thanks for your previous speedy reply!!!!!!!!

It's OK! I was renaming it fw100k.bin (exactly) By goofing around I finally figured out to just rename it fw100k (without the .bin extention) hope this helps any other newbies like me! Now to check out some demo's! :lol:

Cool. Just keep in mind it's not 100% in the emulator (and the emulator has been put on hold/cancelled, so...)

Admittantly I'm biased, I have a GP32 but not a GBA. Wish I could afford both, actually.

Some people say that GBA emulation is not possible, others say that it's completely possible. Who knows.. time will tell. We just have to hope that the coders know how to exploit the GP32 to the max and exploit the similarities of their architectures. If the GP32 did GBA prefectly, well... it would be pretty much hands down GP32.. but at this point it's anybodies guess, so don't count on it in your decision.

I use the MP3 part of the GP32 daily on the bus, so it's invaluable to me just in that respect. Side note: if you do get GP32, get a cheap SM card reader/writer. I just picked one up for $13 USD ($20 CDN) and its the best investment. Instead of 45 minutes (at least) for a full card of MP3's, it's only about 6 minutes. Much more practical.

Good luck with your decision. Remember, there are always GBA emulators to get a feel for the *cough cough* public domain roms out there too. Do your research and check out all the info you can, and make your decision on that!

Well, time for me to go and brush up on my programming. :)

Back