Help Naming A Retro-rpg

Azalin

What was that? It sounded like a, a sound of some
Website
www.loremaster.a-host.info
Alrighty, well now that i can emulate every old console in existence, i hought i would go looking for this game i used to love to play at a friends when i was 7.

The basic premise of the game is that you are (i think) a girl who is either saving the world, or saving the worlds water or magic or something. The graphical style was sort of FF6 ish, but different too. You could fly all over the world on a dragon, in a first-person view. Litterally, you flew around using the d-pad. I'm thinking it was for the SNES, but it may also have been the NES or the Genesis.

Any other console pre-dreamcast/N64/Playstation is possible, but less likely.

Can anyone help me? I can't seem to find it anywhere :(

the only thing i can think of was panzer dragoon saga but that was the saturn

It wasn't that you flew the dragon in fights or anything, it was more how you traveled around. Intead of having a world map like, say, chrono trigger, you had this panoramic view of the world from a dragons back and traveled from place to place that way.

ganbare goeman go (mystical ninja staring goeman 5) was another but n64

edit:

ahh wait you said control was the landscape really flat and flickery?

The dragon reminds me of Secret of Mana, but it was not first person and you had 3 characters one of which was a girl. It came out on the SNES. As a matter of fact just yesterday I starting playing the game again with my fiancee :D

It wouldn't be:

Drakkhen 2: Dragon View,
Drakkhen II: Dragon View,
Super Drakkhen (JPN)...

Would it?

bahamoot lagoon doesn`t feature a girl alone and also you battle with the dragons in a sort of turn based strategy mode...

see this for reference towards drakhen/dragon view: wikipedia entry
It has screenshots there too.

They mention it had a first person overworld view... might be what you are looking for. Never played that game but it looks interesting. Apparently it came out for PC and amiga, too.

Your dragon description fits Secret of Mana completely. I know I already said that, but meh, I'll say it again :D

Also that description of you having to save the world`s magic kinda fits... secret of mana is about rescueing the mana tree in some sort of way... well and about destroying the mana fortress and banishing magic from the world forever... meh.

Back