Help..! My New Gp2x Does Not Work

Batman2

Still Fresh
As topic says, I have just recieved my new GP2x and when I switched it on all I get are the images below.

Any help apreciated.

GP2X%201.jpg

GP2X%202.jpg

Thanks.
Batman2.
:ph34r:

yep, using batteries that came with it.

Although I did buy those super duper rechargable one that are on the site, just charging them up now.

so then it is pretty certain that the batteries were almost dead. I really recommend to get an AC adapter since it is safer when you flash the firmware...

virusx posted on Mar 25 2006 at 01:04 PM said:
And it seems that you still have the thin plastic protection that came with the screen protector ;)

Actually when I opened the box I found that the front plastic was not yet stuck to the screen, so I attatched it.

What you are seeing is my bad attempt of putting a screen protector on it, which I also ordered with my GP2X. I have now put the screen protector on again, this time with out the trapped air bubbles, lol.

Still charging my 2600 batteries up, not sure how long it will take, they have been on charge for about 2 1/2 hours so far.

I have a 2GB SD card I hope will work on this, not sure what firmware the unit is yet.

I knew I should of ordered a power lead, but I forgot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm quite pleased with your misfortune actually. That perfect line effect really shows the colour capabilities of the GP2X screen, a beautiful sight ;)

- Alex

Alex. posted on Mar 25 2006 at 01:35 PM said:
I'm quite pleased with your misfortune actually. That perfect line effect really shows the colour capabilities of the GP2X screen, a beautiful sight ;)

- Alex

Well I was hoping for more than lines, as I was planning to show my GP2X off tonight when I am queing up at the cinema with my mates.

Would love to get MAME running today.

Nothing to complicated just some old school games like Donkey Kong, Lode Runner, Pac Man.

xnopasaranx posted on Mar 25 2006 at 12:42 PM said:
so then it is pretty certain that the batteries were almost dead. I really recommend to get an AC adapter since it is safer when you flash the firmware...

Is there a "safe" AC adapter to use with the GP2X???????? I know from varios threads that more than one person "fried" their Gp32 using AC adapters. H.G.

hired gun posted on Mar 25 2006 at 01:44 PM said:

Is there a "safe" AC adapter to use with the GP2X???????? I know from varios threads that more than one person "fried" their Gp32 using AC adapters. H.G.
just get one with the right voltage

hired gun posted on Mar 25 2006 at 01:44 PM said:

A safe power adaptor for use with the GP2x is one that meets the following, Including multi adaptors.

3 volts output or a 3 volt option.
1.0 Amp (1000 milli-Amps) At least.
Centre negative pin arrangement (Polarity), Or an option to change the pin arrangement (Polarity) to centre negative.
powerplug-negative.jpg

Trooper

Batman2 posted on Mar 25 2006 at 06:26 AM said:
And it seems that you still have the thin plastic protection that came with the screen protector  ;)
Actually when I opened the box I found that the front plastic was not yet stuck to the screen, so I attatched it.

Actually, there is already a little screen protector that comes already on the screen. There's a good chance that you have two on top of each other, now.

http://www.personal.triticom.com/~erm/GP2X/GeneralInfo/

Flavor posted on Mar 25 2006 at 03:22 PM said:
Batman2 posted on Mar 25 2006 at 06:26 AM said:
And it seems that you still have the thin plastic protection that came with the screen protector  ;)

Actually, there is already a little screen protector that comes already on the screen. There's a good chance that you have two on top of each other, now.

http://www.personal.triticom.com/~erm/GP2X/GeneralInfo/

I think I know what you are on about, there was originally a thin layer over the screen with a little red tab on which I did remove before putting the screen protector on which had 2 layers of protection, 1 on each side which I also removed.

mat_basset posted on Mar 25 2006 at 02:23 PM said:
wow im seeing colours :p

tell us when your batterys have charged up mate ;)

Still charging m8, I hope it is not one of those really long chargers.
There were no details on the site, I know there are chargers around that can do it in 30 mins or an hour.

trooper posted on Mar 25 2006 at 02:31 PM said:
A safe power adaptor for use with the GP2x is one that meets the following, Including multi adaptors.

3 volts output or a 3 volt option.
1.0 Amp (1000 milli-Amps) At least.
Centre negative pin arrangement (Polarity), Or an option to change the pin arrangement (Polarity) to centre negative.
powerplug-negative.jpg

Trooper

Thanks Trooper, I couldn't have asked for a clearer explaination, H.G.

mat_basset posted on Mar 25 2006 at 04:23 PM said:
my 2500 mah batterys take 12 hours to change so im not sure mate

what product battery are you using?
lol 12 hours, takes 2.5 hours for me...
I must say that charging normal nimh batteries in 15 mins isn't good either, though it certainly is possible.

Well even if they're not fully charged atm, pop them in the 2X anyway, just to see if it starts ok. Then, continue charging them.

- Alex

Back