A Few Problems With Set-up

slipstream

Still Fresh
Hey guys, I finally recieved my gp2x and everything works fine, including mame. I have followed all the tips on this forum. Just a couple of little problems I have listed below. Any tips greatly recieved.

1. The LCD option on the settings does nothing. I move the slider but nothing changes, no difference in contrast, brightness or anything. Am I doing something wrong?

2. How do I get movies to work. I have uploaded clips to the SD card but they are not recognised by the console. Must they be divx? The advert states any type of clip. How would I convert my vid clips to view on the gp2x?

3. When playing a game on mame how do you return to the games index. The only way I know is to turn the console off each time. Please tell me there is an easier way.

Thanks alot. Keith

1. This doesn't really adjust contrast or brightness but instead makes the ghosty scanline effect and flickering on your screen disappear. Check the archive for the lcd and overclocking tool. This might help.
2. Only movies with .avi suffix and certain codecs work. GPH kinda screwed us there. Divx, Xvid and a few other formats work nicely then.
3. I think there is a button combination you need to press but I am not sure which one it is. Check the readme or the gp2x wiki:
Wiki

Thanks for that info. So I just need to know if there is a combination to return to the games list from the actual game in mame. It is a nightmare switching off and on again.

And is it possible to convert my vid clips into a source that this console will recognise?

Many thanks.

there is a lot of programs that do that. I think there should be some described in the wiki that do the job. Are you on windows or linux?

EDIT: check this wiki article out: video encoding
it describes in depth how to do the job.

And here is the button combination for mame: L + R + stick button. Press these at the same time and you will exit emulation mode. In the mame menu it should be L + R only to exit.

Windows. Please, does anyone know how to return to the games index from a game when using mame

Airborne posted on Aug 3 2006 at 01:46 PM said:
Sorry my friend I missed it. What is the stick button? thanks

Rather than move the stick up / down / left / right push the stick inwards as you would push a button.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bub&Bob posted on Aug 3 2006 at 01:59 PM said:

Rather than move the stick up / down / left / right push the stick inwards as you would push a button.

thanks my friend, no more switching on and off again.

you cannot only use the stick for directions but also you can press it like a button.
EDIT: oops... double post ;-)

craigix posted on Aug 3 2006 at 02:08 PM said:
rtm next time.

I am assumming that rtm refers to read the manual. I would have done but my pc would not allow me to open the enclosed CD due to active x content. I tried more than once but to no avail. And instead of waiting for a new CD I posed the questions on this forum that is titled I NEED HELP. I hope that this is ok with you craig.

This is the message I just got from this guy:

---------------------------------------------------

mame manual ( From: Airborne )
Hey wise guy, why dont you just shut the fuck up ok. Prick.

Go annoy someone who gives a fuck you cock.

Bub&Bob posted on Aug 3 2006 at 01:59 PM said:

I retract this piece of advice and offer the following instead:

Airborne, hope you enjoy your new toy and bear in mind that you will probably never get any help EVER again from this forum after that PM to CraigX.

I assume you are not aware of the phrase "biting the hand that feeds".....................

Back