Hello, My Name Is...

I'm Aaron, I'm 15, my friends call me Azza, Buddha, Jonesy, etc. and anything in between.

I live in Karumba, QLD atm but am hoping to go and live with my best friend/ex-girlfriend in Cairns soon so I can go to school there.

I'm a marine mechanic, it's a pretty crap job to do because it's so repetitive IMO but it's a good learning experience.

I own a Toyota Corolla Seca '88 model which has a smashed-in rear end from a collision with another car, hoping to get a new hatch from a wrecker's soon.

My GP2X is laying in pieces in a small box because I screwed up the left D-Pad contact.

John from Georgia, USA. Looking forward to owning a pocket-sized gaming machine that I can also use to browse the web and check email. When I'm not anxiously awaiting my Pandora, I'm having a blast working for a pretty darn cool gaming company.

:pandora1:

I'm Tony, from Michigan in the USA. I'm a snarky bastard and work in the environmental testing industry. I'm also a guitar player and lead vocalist for the band Blackheart. I've been with the forum since 2005 or so. I'm currently with an awesome woman who's a tattoo artist/piercer and the female lead vocals and guitarist in our band. She and I are getting married next summer. Whoot. Oh... And I'm 39.

p B)

I'm Vorporeal, from the US. I'm currently a computer science student at Brown University. I'm only a freshman, so I don't have ridiculous amounts of programming experience, but I've worked on programs for the iPod. (Most notably a desktop interface that uses the scroll wheel to control a cursor instead of the standard menu interface.) I'm planning on doing development for the Pandora when I get a bit more time and a bit more programming practice (and some friends who are interested in helping me write something interesting).

i'm an enigma.
i started college this year as a chemical engineering student at carnegie

I usually hate doing this but it looks fun in this thread :D. I'm Tim, 30, French, living in Singapore. My zoo... I mean my home contains a wife, a pair of 18-month old twins and 3 cats. I have a GP2X, a 16GB ext2-formatted SDHC card, and a pending pandora order (ordered within about ~2h of sales launch) . My retrogame past involves mostly:
* Amstrad CPC 6128
* Sega master system
* SNES (back then with a good old ProFighter-Q)

pcklee123 said:
I'm Paul, third one living in Singapore in this thread.
Yup, this is neat. I was under the (apparently wrong) impression that the retrogame scene in SG, and in particular revolving around open source devices like GP2X and Pandora, was non-existent. I sent a PM to PlopperZ with my mobile # earlier. Perhaps we can have a local meetup around a couple of beers one of these days, interested? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am Til from Germany. I am 23 and I am trying to become something in the theatre business... so right now I study dramaturgy at university. Maybe if I am lucky I will later on get a job as a play director or something in the vicinity of that.

I am also heavily into gaming. My parents never let me have gaming consoles when I was little so I bought them when I was about 15 and started playing all the classics and I still love them. That's why I love homebrew, too. I own the gp32, a gp2x F100 and F200, soon hopefully a pandora and maybe later on 2009 I might buy a wiz to complete the collection ^^.

CronoTriggerfan said:
I'm Josh. I live in the (once) great United States of America, and I'm one of those pissed off fascist, neo-Nazi, puppy-kicking Conservatives you've all heard so much about. :lol: I'm a Junior this year, I've got a blackbelt in Taekwondo and Hapkido, and I too am a total geek.
WTF? I opened a thread in the off-topic section asking if there was any martial arts enthusiasts on the board and noone really replied. I do Leung Ting Wing Tsun... infact just came back from a sunday seminar and my shins and knees are all bruised like heck from groundfighting. We learned some new stuff about defending your position when you are on the ground already, on your back and need to fend of the attacker who is still standing above you trying to mount and finish you off. I admire the discipline of TKD practitioners. If WT fighters spend as much time and effort to learn technique and sustain pain, they wouldn't be the laughing stock of the martial arts world being all talk and no skill.

Well hello , Im Dimitri a french speaking greek ( FREEK ) from canada.
I work in a blood bank at the jewish general hospital doing evening shifts ( mostly kicking ass of vampires as they come , not impressed though . we do have a vast variety of blood types. )
Im also a musician , animator , cartoonist , movie maker and bla bla bla in my spare time.
i live with my girlfriend , my cat Rambo and soon my dog.

I do secretly wish that a nuclear fallout happens OR zombie outbreak. ( and that since i was 10 )
And i will write PIPBOY 3000 on the top of the case of my pandora

xnopasaranx said:
WTF? I opened a thread in the off-topic section asking if there was any martial arts enthusiasts on the board and noone really replied.

I used to do alot of those !
Started out boxing , then did a year of Sil lum hung gar, a year of judo, AND two years of Muay thai !
Now im just lazy. ^^

All these martial arts names just sound made up.

Biographically, I like computers and folk music. I am also exceedingly terse.

nickspoon said:
All these martial arts names just sound made up.

Biographically, I like computers and folk music. I am also exceedingly terse.
Sil lum hung gar is a mix of many Kung Fu styles.
Muay thai is Thailandese boxing.
if you dont know about boxing and judo , i dont know that to say.

and i like folk to.
aha

I post under my real name and my location and birthday are listed in my profile. My primary hobby at this point seems to be moderating these forums.

This thread is wicked, not seen anyone say that they're from north west England like me yet...I think anyone with any sense moves away.

I'm Mark from Central Scotland. The weathers not much better up here either. Its blowing a gale outside and chucking it down, hobbies include retro gaming, home networking, lil bit of hardware hacking (xbox modding, XBMC etc) an a wee bit of coding! ;)

this is turning into an aa-meeting.

and we all love aa-meetings.

do we not.

seems like ill be lonely in norway with my pandora, though.

don't fret tantepose
i'll be bringing my pandora with me to oslo this winter break
i'm ashwin sharma i'm a sophomore obsessed with 4 things: math, programming, basketball, and girls

Hi, i'm Ishai Gun, 20
Living in Mexico, going somewhere else as soon as i become an electronics engineer, a gov plane crashed in the middle of the street some days ago, it's a weird country lol.
I'm a hardware geek! (preordered a pandora already :D) Always trying to have the best, trying.. ...most of my money goes to my shitty car n having fun with my girlfriend whom i love very much.
Love languages and alphabets.
A wanna-be audiophile, designer, inventor and rich geek.

isho said:
Hi, i'm Ishai Gun, 20
Living in Mexico, going somewhere else as soon as i become an electronics engineer, a gov plane crashed in the middle of the street some days ago, it's a weird country lol.
I'm a hardware geek! (preordered a pandora already :D) Always trying to have the best, trying.. ...most of my money goes to my shitty car n having fun with my girlfriend whom i love very much.
Love languages and alphabets.
A wanna-be audiophile, designer, inventor and rich geek.

I am from the u.s and If I'm not building websites I am invinting pc video games and editing home grown movies

Back