Have You Seen Gamepark's New Website?

Let me ask you this: since when was I demanding anything at all?

Avoiding the question is a politician move.

However, I will answer your question:

Tell me how emulators have any type of originality, creativeness, or thought. If so, list the emulators that you speak of.

GP2X has NO innovation. None. It has no innovation because GPH designed the GP2X to the community's taste. Sure, it can do many many things, but what else? They should have done more things on their own, not to mention do it well. Look at the XGP's, at least they have some innovation. Even something as simple as the foldable backstand on the XGP sets it far apart from the GP2X. If anyone doubts my innovation argument, mention ONE thing innovative (no accessories) about the GP2X.

Lastly, the GP2X IS expensive.

Sure, it can do many many things, but what else?

I meant what else makes it a good handheld. And I'm not really fanboying the XGP, just explaining GP2X's faults.

Last edited by a moderator:
I obviously am not stating "facts", so stop defending the GP2X so passionately.

Rather than defend it passionately, I'll list some of the facts that have been stated within this thread in point form.

- XGP/Mini/Kidsi will likely not ALL be released due to lack of enough money
- The Kids version's screen will be very difficult to port games for, and MORESO than the GP2X due to resolution conflicts
- While the GP2X isn't the most innovative or powerful handheld in the world, it does everything it was promised to be able to do, and rather well. (After a rocky start)
- Any of the XGP systems released will have it's developer-base split between them, most likely the XGP/Mini ones, as the Kids platform seems rather specialized, too much to attract developers
- All the capabilities of the XGP are currently available on the PSP
- Widescreen isn't a very game-friendly screen format.
- Analog sticks being not game-friendly.
- Commercial games of decent quality being unlikely for the Mini/Kids systems, even the XGP itself
- Gamepark have not set a release date for any of the systems and still may not have a financial backer.
- PSP GBA and DS have the handheld North American commerical software market well in hand
- GP2X was released with Homebrew and Emulation and Multimedia Applications as it's main points
- The only titles I have heard of released for the XGP itself (Not the Mini or Kids) are a development kit and Quake, I believe (Might be wrong about Quake though, so it might just be the kit)
- The GP2X IS a bit boxy, but rather thin compared to the GP32, except for the Battery compartment
- Several Commerial games are already in the works and are due to be released within the next couple months. (At least 3 that I know of)
- Just because a game is 3D doesn't mean it's anything special.
- The GP32 scene is NOT dead, so your "Death of the GP32" statement is wrong. I still use my GP32 a lot, and games/apps are still released now and then for it. (Not about the 2X of the XGP, but still...)
- Without "ports" or "emulators", the XGP line will likely go extinct fast.
- Gamepark haven't the funds to start as large an advertising campaign to successfully market any of the XGP line AND pay to mass produce the handheld, at least to the point of even coming close to even competing with Sony, even in Korea alone.

So far as I can recall, these are all facts. No passion, like you mentioned. So take a look
Anyone feel free to correct any points I made.

Look at the XGP's, at least they have some innovation. Even something as simple as the foldable backstand on the XGP sets it far apart from the GP2X. If anyone doubts my innovation argument, mention ONE thing innovative (no accessories) about the GP2X.

Lastly, the GP2X IS expensive.

And what the hell is so innovative about the XGP? Widescreen? Nope, PSP has a bigger one. Analog stick? Sony has that too. 3D? Again PSP. It should be obvious even to you that the XGP is just a feeble attempt to clone the PSP by using off the shelf parts. Unfortunately it falls far short in many areas.

You missed one. The XGP has obscure Korean satellite television. :lol:

Back