Hatari

H

hakmanplayer

I have Hatari successfully placed on my card.

I require the tos.img for the skeez folder.

If what i have requested or asked help for is an infringement of this forum, i am sorry but i have nowhere else to go or anyone to ask/PM.

I mean no malice!!!!

Googling does not seem to help me.

I have everything but this imperative file.

Edit : will emutos-512k-0.8.5 work?? ; i open that folder and see etos.512k.img.

Peace,Love,Dove...

h.

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge, what you should look for is tos102.img which should be 192KB in size.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot find that anywhere online :( i know after my behavior, you would never provide me with it.

My loss ; i am shocked you replied. :blink:

Forgive but do not forget :D

Sometimes trying to find these files [for me] is like searching the dead sea scrolls [which i never did either].

I cannot find that anywhere online :(
You should have been able to find it with the information provided... :p

i know after my behavior, you would never provide me with it.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure whether I should forgive, at this point. Every time I try to assist, it seems that all I get is rudeness - it really took the cake when I got that rudeness after politely declining an offer of committing commercial copyright infringement, in spite of having spent quite a bit of time trying to help.

Anyway, there's no sense in dwelling on that, I think - it isn't going to get you started with this, is it? ;)

I know you're going to hate me for saying this, but it should be easy. Go to google.com and type in "tos102.img". If you read the very first link it will tell you how you can acquire the file.

Also, make sure it is named exactly right. I just tried this emu out a few days ago, and I had the right tos file where it was supposed to go, but it was named wrong, so the emu didn't run. So even once you get the right file, make sure it is named properly as well.

Chris

I cannot find that anywhere online :(
You should have been able to find it with the information provided... :p

i know after my behavior, you would never provide me with it.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure whether I should forgive, at this point. Every time I try to assist, it seems that all I get is rudeness - it really took the cake when I got that rudeness after politely declining an offer of committing commercial copyright infringement, in spite of having spent quite a bit of time trying to help.

Anyway, there's no sense in dwelling on that, I think - it isn't going to get you started with this, is it? ;)
No and i am terribly sorry. I can be a hothead and could blame it on my genes but won't. :rolleyes:

i really am sorry.

You did not deserve my wrath.

Last edited:
I know you're going to hate me for saying this, but it should be easy. Go to google.com and type in "tos102.img". If you read the very first link it will tell you how you can acquire the file.
I could never hate you WizardStan,, i respect you though.

I did find it and will add it the skeeiz folder.

Will let you all know what happens .

I googled wrong....again ; amazing what one letter can do to a wealth of information. B)

Kindest Regards,

h.

Well it took me about an hour to figure out i had to rename Tos102.img to tos.img.

Once i put that in the skeeiz folder everything showed up.

Now i know i have games downloaded but it seems my options are to either show the games or print the games.

I have games on the hatari desktop /hard disc

I also have those same games on the floppy. I cannot open anything from there.

When i choose to show games, i see a bunch of code ; no video game unless this is a hieroglyphic game B) ...This occurs with the games on the hard disc .

When i chose print the obvious happens = it won't print :blink:

I know i am close here. Unfortunately, i never had much experience with Atari Computers and i see this is no 5200 or 2600 deal.

As a matter of fact, i am not experienced with the Pandora either ...DUH... :(

So......???

Have a Happy Easter if i do not hear from you....well even if i do ;)

Last edited:
This is as far as I can go, I'm afraid. :( I haven't yet had the time to set Hatari up on my own Pandora, so I'll have to defer to the more knowledgeable folks out there now. (I had hoped that it would be plain sailing after the TOS image part, but I agree, you're no doubt close now. :) )

(Thanks very much, and a Happy Easter to you too, by the way. :) )

Happy Easter.

If you get your Pandora and decide to fiddle with Hatari, perhaps you can clue me in??

That is to say if between now and then i do not have this resolved.

HEY .....maybe i will help you?? :eek:

Yeah right ...i will keep dreaming :p

Now i know i have games downloaded but it seems my options are to either show the games or print the games.

When i choose to show games, i see a bunch of code ; no video game unless this is a hieroglyphic game B) ...This occurs with the games on the hard disc .

You shouldnt have anything but the two drive symbols and the Trashcan on the ST desktop - what you're describing sounds as though you're not resetting to boot the disc image? Or trying to put your disc images in the ST's virtual HD?

You don't run most ST discs from it's desktop, you insert the disc and reset the ST.

In Hatari, that would be by pressing Start on the Pandora to call up the Hatari menu, then select "Floppy Disks"

Now you can see Drive A and B menus. Discs boot typically in Drive A, so choose "Browse" on Drive A - you then locate the disc image you want from your SD (they can be stored anywhere on your SD card) and then click "Return to main menu".

Finally you need to tick the box there on the lower left "Reset Machine" so when you click "OK" on the Hatari menu, the ST resets and boots from the floppy that was 'inserted' in drive A.

The game should start.

If you insert a disc without resetting it, it will just sit there without autobooting, leaving you with the plain ST desktop.

If you try to add the disc images to the ST's HD, they may indeed appear as gibberish. Forget the ST HD as far as most game discs are concerned.

Each disc image is just booted separately by putting it in the main disc drive (A), and resetting.

;)

You shouldnt have anything but the two drive symbols and the Trashcan on the ST desktop - what you're describing sounds as though you're not resetting to boot the disc image? Or trying to put your disc images in the ST's virtual HD?

You don't run most ST discs from it's desktop, you insert the disc and reset the ST.

In Hatari, that would be by pressing Start on the Pandora to call up the Hatari menu, then select "Floppy Disks"

Now you can see Drive A and B menus. Discs boot typically in Drive A, so choose "Browse" on Drive A - you then locate the disc image you want from your SD (they can be stored anywhere on your SD card) and then click "Return to main menu".

Finally you need to tick the box there on the lower left "Reset Machine" so when you click "OK" on the Hatari menu, the ST resets and boots from the floppy that was 'inserted' in drive A.

The game should start.

If you insert a disc without resetting it, it will just sit there without autobooting, leaving you with the plain ST desktop.

If you try to add the disc images to the ST's HD, they may indeed appear as gibberish. Forget the ST HD as far as most game discs are concerned.

Each disc image is just booted separately by putting it in the main disc drive (A), and resetting.

;)

ASMO,,,

You are a genius!!!!!!!!!

I got this to work!!

I really did.

i was just playing games from' PUNISH YOUR MACHINE'.

You have a perfect way of communicating to me!!

Once i pressed START and BROWSED everything kinda fell into place.

I was trying to open games from the initial Hatari window / icons!!!...but you knew that already ;)

I browsed, saw the games i had downloaded, i was able to find them on my card. I think i returned to where i was =main menu. Then i think i pressed ok and when the window became dark i knew i was in for a treat.

I know i will have to practice the technique again so i am not sure exactly what i did :eek:

Highlighting the game registered it apparently before i went back and after i clicked on the browse button. Well if that makes sense i am confused :eek: In other words,,,,,..i did highlight the game when i saw it and noticed the tittle appear on top of the window prior to going back to main menu. WHEW :p

As far as finding the game on the card , there seems to be a pattern with all these emulators to get to there. It was just a matter of a different way of getting that point....i think this is gibberish so please excuse me for the rant but i had 2 Javas and i am blown away of the fact that i was able to open a game!!!!

All on floppy A and set to auto change to B if necessary. I have several games that have 2 discs.

WOW i cannot thank you enough ASMOS!!!

I wish you and yours a Happy Easter and i thank you for responding to my post [again] :rolleyes:

Last edited:
;)

99 percent of ST games are run this way - insert disc in drive A, then reset and sit back waiting for the fun to start.

A small number of games don't autoboot, when the ST resets they will read the disc and throw up some desktop icons -

So what you will see in these cases is your ordinary green ST desktop, with one or two open folders showing some icons, usually the ones required to start whatever programs are on the disc.

When this happens you run the icon that seems to have the name of the game you want and has either a .Prg or .Tos extension. .Prg and .Tos icons look different to the others too (unless the desktop is set to show details (just text) rather than icons).

These two types (.Prg & .Tos) are ST executable (program) files, if you click on any other file type you'll get the 'Open / Print" option you saw before, indicating that the file is just data of some kind.

If your game has two discs, when you are browsing for disc 1 in drive A you may as well at the same time put disc 2 in Drive B before returning to the main Hatari menu and resetting. Sometimes the auto insert disc 2 might not work.

If having disc 2 in drive B doesnt work when the game goes looking for disc 2, or if the auto-insert disc 2 doesn't seem to be kicking in for you (it will keep asking for disc 2 and not finding it) then it could be one of the few games that insists on each disc being in drive A. The reason being that most ST users had only one drive, so some games were just made expecting that setup.

If that happens (it's rare) you just follow the same steps for loading a disc in Drive A, replacing disc 1 with disc 2, but just don't select "Reset Machine" before returning to the ST, that way the game will still be running and will now see the change of disc in drive A!

;)

99 percent of ST games are run this way - insert disc in drive A, then reset and sit back waiting for the fun to start.

A small number of games don't autoboot, when the ST resets they will read the disc and throw up some desktop icons -

So what you will see in these cases is your ordinary green ST desktop, with one or two open folders showing some icons, usually the ones required to start whatever programs are on the disc.

When this happens you run the icon that seems to have the name of the game you want and has either a .Prg or .Tos extension. .Prg and .Tos icons look different to the others too (unless the desktop is set to show details (just text) rather than icons).

These two types (.Prg & .Tos) are ST executable (program) files, if you click on any other file type you'll get the 'Open / Print" option you saw before, indicating that the file is just data of some kind.

If your game has two discs, when you are browsing for disc 1 in drive A you may as well at the same time put disc 2 in Drive B before returning to the main Hatari menu and resetting. Sometimes the auto insert disc 2 might not work.

If having disc 2 in drive B doesnt work when the game goes looking for disc 2, or if the auto-insert disc 2 doesn't seem to be kicking in for you (it will keep asking for disc 2 and not finding it) then it could be one of the few games that insists on each disc being in drive A. The reason being that most ST users had only one drive, so some games were just made expecting that setup.

If that happens (it's rare) you just follow the same steps for loading a disc in Drive A, replacing disc 1 with disc 2, but just don't select "Reset Machine" before returning to the ST, that way the game will still be running and will now see the change of disc in drive A!
Understood Asmo. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back