Has Sony Won The War Against Psp Piracy?

Has SONY won the war against PSP piracy?

• Total voters

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
I keep hearing rumours of PSP's latest firmware being unhackable (as in you can no longer run pirated PSP games)?

What are your thoughts?

psp3000_legal_games.jpg
4540769.jpg
psp_deal_girl.jpg
psp-girl.jpg
10-30-08-psp-snes-mod_4342.jpg
369049442_a32f6dc7bb.jpg
photo6.jpg
omglilacpsp.jpg

Who would want to crack the firmware in a PSP, its a crappy machine and has crappy games, a total waste of time and money and yes I did own one for a week before I sold it on eBay

How many times has SONY has stuffed up, first there was the BETAMAX video recorder then the list goes on and now the GO-PSP, you would think they would learn from there mistakes but NO

No. Recovery mode is still in place, no matter what the hell they do, hackers still have full access.

Maybe on new PSPs, but PSP 2000 and 1000? Patch proof, till the end of the PSP days.

Nothing is unhackable. Even the PSP's new firmware.
Eventually, someone will find a way of running pirate copies of games requiring it, it's just a matter of time IMO.

I'm against pirating games, it's not killing the industry (stupid releases are ATM) but pirates will (naturally) be blamed, with their P2P networks, which will wind up getting banned... Pity.
It's like banning sails on boats because pirates have them :(

I wouldn't take a game that's still being sold, that's flat out unethical.
But, if I find a PSP at Goodwill, I'd definitely take it, since I've always wanted to hack a PSP. I'd only use it for homebrew, however, and maybe get some experience points programming.

Jourdy288 said:
I wouldn't take a game that's still being sold, that's flat out unethical.
Ethics are for women and cheap Mediterranean prostitutes. Stealing is for winners, and that's what I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realize that all you don't win very much? I don't see much point pirating games when I can just buy it and not suffer dumb looking compression, pixelation, sound degradation, etc.
Warez is pathetic.
Oh, and your trolling skills are mediocre, Username does a better job.

Jourdy288 said:
You do realize that all you don't win very much? I don't see much point pirating games when I can just buy it and not suffer dumb looking compression, pixelation, sound degradation, etc.
Warez is pathetic.

Maybe if you was pirating 10 years ago when RIPS were popular, you'd be hard pressed to find new rips these days.

Jourdy288 said:
Warez is pathetic.
You only suffer video / audio degradation if you're talking about optical disc rips, and then only if you're re-encoding, and then only if you're a videophile.
Video games are a straight digital file copy, there's no reproduction and no chance for degradation unless the cracker does something weird.

Back