Has anyone here seen Mr Robot?

Mr_Loon

Can't Remember
Has anyone here seen Mr Robot?

Best thing I've seen on TV for ages, the central themes of the show are hacking & mental illness, don't think I've ever seen either so well portrayed on the big or small screen.

I can just imagine Elliot tapping away on a Pandora / Pyra :)

It's a good show. Thumbs up from me. As I've said before, at least it doesn't refer to IRC as two ships meeting in the ocean to exchange data.

That show is so technically accurate it's amazing. One example: they fully root an android phone on screen and it would actually work if you followed along with an identical phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
That show is so technically accurate it's amazing. One example: they fully root an android phone on screen and it would actually work if you followed along and did the same things.

Yeah. I even found a tutorial about hacking wireless keyboards like in the show. Things they do actually work on the real life!

It is ok.  I found the drama more interesting than the technical stuff, however I do appreciate the accuracy.  Some things bothered me (I remember an IP address with at least one octet (?) in the 300 (???) range, the DE discussion seemed pointless), but it isn't as stupid as other shows when it comes to computer related stuff.  Weren't they watching Hackers and picking it apart?  

If I remember correctly the guy behind the show wanted that accuracy because it bothers him when what is shown on screen is pointless and comical.  I think with the storyline here they could have had 2 people on 1 keyboard and it would have made sense.  Maybe they will get to that eventually.

I read someone's theory on it having more of a BTTF link/inspiration than merely Elliot being a fan, but I doubt they would do that with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet during one discussion I remember a comment along the lines of "We all know what a Raspberry Pi is" instead of an explanation (which I figured was a poke at other shows spoonfeeding the audience...can't remember if they did prior to the comment).  Maybe one day the people making these shows will trust that the audience knows or will look up things so I don't feel like yelling "Yes, I know, can we move on with the story?" or whatever.  I guess this show didn't have me constantly shaking my head at how stupid everything was, or telling everyone around, whether they are willing to listen or not, that things are wrong, with long explanations of why.

I just watched the first ep tonight, liked it, going to watch a couple more later tonight before bed.

I hadn't seen any telly adverts for it or anything, only thing I see is that it was on the sides of buses around town and the Sega styled font caught my attention.

First ep has my attention though, and sounds like the series is good from the above ^

Back