Have The Tv Cables Changed?

deathterrapin

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hello there. It's certainly a long time since I posted on here, not that I posted much before, but nevermind!

I recently got my shiny new gp2x, and I bought a tv cable with it with the intention of modding it for USB-host. I'm sure I've seen that people have done this before, but it seems that my TV cable is completely un-modifyable.
See pictures of the connector here: front, back.
As you can see, there are no other pins in the plug but the ones for TV. If the pins could be swapped around then I could probably get away with removing some of the extra grounds, but they seem to be totally unmovable.

I assume this is different from the original easy-to-mod cable. Has anyone tried modding this kind of cable? Anyone got any ideas? (short of trying to get hold of another connector obviously)

Yeah, got it from gp2x.co.uk, it has proper branded packaging.
There was a delay in sending me the cable, about a week after they sent the gp2x, so I assume the cable was new stock.

gp2x_tv_cable_back.jpg

Is that what the soldered up connector comes like or have you re soldered it??

looks a little messy for a branded product and that Yellow Wire looks close to shorting out on the connection to the left... I would wrap some electrical tape around it just incase.

They're not actually as close together as they look on that photo, its just the camera angle.
And getting tape into there in any useful way would be really fiddly, remember this whole plug is only 15mm wide.

That looks very homemade honestly, that cannot be official. My official GP2X cable (purchased from gp32z.com) looks like a retail product.

Back