Dingoo Noob...

shugs81

Still Fresh
Hi, I found this link Here for a dingoo... it's the cheapest i can find it even with 3 day shipping... anyone used them ok or has people had issues?

can anyone tell me the max card it can take? I've seen 8gb so far... is this right?

how hard is it to get dingux on it?

Oh sorry!!! getting carried away!! lol... I'm steve... and i'm obsessive!!! lol... been after a gp2x for ages but couldn't justify the £130.... and i found this at around £65 (see link) and it seems to be a good contender if not better!!!

mainly gonna be for emulation of the OLD SKOOL stuff like megadrive / snes / amiga / mame stuff.... have always loved the classics!!! and the not so classic!!! i have all the old school consoles but will be selling them once i get this... they're just collecting dust atm.. lol... should make more than enough back to cover the cost too!!! if only it could do a dream cast emu.... ah well!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

shugs81 said:
Hi, I found this link Here for a dingoo... it's the cheapest i can find it even with 3 day shipping... anyone used them ok or has people had issues?

can anyone tell me the max card it can take? I've seen 8gb so far... is this right?

how hard is it to get dingux on it?

Oh sorry!!! getting carried away!! lol... I'm steve... and i'm obsessive!!! lol... been after a gp2x for ages but couldn't justify the £130.... and i found this at around £65 (see link) and it seems to be a good contender if not better!!!

mainly gonna be for emulation of the OLD SKOOL stuff like megadrive / snes / amiga / mame stuff.... have always loved the classics!!! and the not so classic!!! i have all the old school consoles but will be selling them once i get this... they're just collecting dust atm.. lol... should make more than enough back to cover the cost too!!! if only it could do a dream cast emu.... ah well!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
Hate say it but the Wiz is probably better for what you want. MAME looks nicer on it due to the OLED screen looking more like an arcade CRT than an LCD does and I think some newer stuff still runs faster. The pure black and better viewing angle makes classics really pop. Starfields (Galaga) and vectors (Tempest) look gorgeous on the OLED. You can use up to 32 GB cards on the Wiz. There is no Amiga emu yet as far as I know on the Dingoo and the Megadrive emu is better on the Wiz.

I wasn't going to post this here but as you said you like classics the Wiz is a better fit due to the screen and Amiga in my opinion. Yes it costs more but you get more too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit!!! was trying to go for the cheaper option!!!! oh well... best get saving!!! lol....

shugs81 said:
Dammit!!! was trying to go for the cheaper option!!!! oh well... best get saving!!! lol....

I just received a new dingoo in the mail yesterday. It seems to be a nice very little console. It boots almost instantly and has a few interesting games with it, a few seem more like tech demos. The build quality isn't bad. I don't notice the lcd screen, I guess its not appreciably different from a ds or psp. I have to still grab a minisd to try dingux but i'm sure its just direction following and apparently it also boots fast.

Do more research on the wiz vs dingoo...you'll may find the dingoo is just fine for your needs.

Dingoo will provide you with everything you want. It all comes down to how picky you are. Regarding 'money:performance' ratio is Dingoo clearly a winner, it's up to you whether you want the improvements Wiz is offering- which mainly is OLED- and touch-screen, SD card space, better hardware.

I own a dingoo, and am extremely satisfied. But since I'm an extra sucker for ScummVM and adventure games I plan on getting the wiz just for the sake of a touchscreen and thus better gameplay experience.

I love my Dingoo. I think it's an excellent value - and you'd have to decide if the cost difference is sufficient relative to the performance. MAME is the best emulator for it right now, imo, and it's currently superior to the Wiz version due to scaling options. DaveC has been trying to get the Dingoo dev (Slaanesh) to update the Wiz version.

Also - I think dealextreme.com is a better cost option for the Dingoo a320. It depends on import taxes into your country I'd imagine - but you can search this forum for other buyers' experiences with dealextreme. In the US, I've had no problems with them as a repeat buyer - and never had to deal with customs.

Oh, by the way - you can use a 16gb microsdhc in an adapter for the Dingoo, but it's picky. My 16gb class 2 sandisk was not accepted in my Dingoo - but for some strange reason, my 16gb class 6 Adata was compatible.

PolloLoco said:
I love my Dingoo. I think it's an excellent value - and you'd have to decide if the cost difference is sufficient relative to the performance. MAME is the best emulator for it right now, imo, and it's currently superior to the Wiz version due to scaling options. DaveC has been trying to get the Dingoo dev (Slaanesh) to update the Wiz version.
I would still say MAME is better on the Wiz due to the better speed in many newer games and they all look better due to the better contrast. The scaling options for a handfull of games that need it don't make up for the difference unless those are your favorites.

Back