Hardware Developers: Do We Need A Keyboared?!

steponeloops

Still Fresh
Reading about that many beautiful emus to come (UAE): isn't it time to think about a keyboard solution like the ericsson kb adaption for the gp32?

Any suggestions for the way to go? Or is it early as the hardware specs aren't revealed in full? Could a standard USB keyboard be used (with an additional powered hub)?

I would like even better one of those foldable PDA keyboards. Unfortunately, they work mainly via IR or Bluetooth...

What do you think about?

peace
SOL

A UART solution like that chatboard on the GP32 via the EXT port is very possable.

Don't get overly attached to visions of USB devices chained up to the device in host mode ;).

I wouldn't mind a proper keyboard at all - especially if you consider the possibility of using it with Linux.

I'm rather forced to spend a lot of time away from my PC, so the ability to take any Squinky stuff I'm working on with me would be nice.

DJWillis posted on Oct 26 2005 at 09:20 AM said:
A UART solution like that chatboard on the GP32 via the EXT port is very possable.

Don't get overly attached to visions of USB devices chained up to the device in host mode ;).
but there will be a problem when it is wanted to play in the TV with the TV cable and to use a keyboard simultaneously, because both use the EXT port...

Last edited by a moderator:
DJWillis posted on Oct 26 2005 at 09:20 AM said:

Another suitable solution (though a little bit expensive) would be a SDIO Bluetooth card with a bluetooth keyboard - there are many nice foldable ones.

Probs: we'd need drivers - that could be fixed. A bigger prob would be the fact that the sd-slot is occupied - no extra memory cards can be inserted... :angry:

Maybe it would be better do something over UART... i'd prefer a foldable "full size" pda keyboard over the really small ericsson chatboard.

We'll see...

Peace
SOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Back